Reviews for Daddy Daughter Dance
Serena62 chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Oh my! Lovely, absolutely lovely. If I were a guy, I would hope to be a father like that.
misanthropedearly chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
oh I cried at the end of this story! So well written!
hanna chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
aw i love it! this is soo sweet... Daddy's love is the best thing after mom's
chocolate and bananas chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
I like how you pulled off the "no dialogue" requirement. Of course, it ends up being a bit too .. essay-ish more than story-like sometimes, and when it gets like that there's a tendency for it to become dull, but otherwise I think the story fit into that criteria well.

When you inserted the phrase (i.e. preying mantis ) it seemed appropriate but disconnected, if you get what I mean.

I love the start, because it's just so heartbreaking: to have a little girl, this little girl, clutch on to her mother's day card so hopefully, only to have her dreams shattered, but towards the ending it loses my interest: I think revising it would make for a much more appealing ending.

Sincerely,

chocolate and bananas.
Jemia chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I really loved this one-shot, and something about the last line was just so...perfect. You truly made the no dialogue requirement work, and the relationship you created between Laura and her Father made me tear up a bit! Keep writing! I'd love to read more of your work! :)
color thief chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Oh Lord, I'm crying so hard now.

Beautifully written, wonderful job.
channy'n'tater chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Awe, I'm all teary eyed. It's not fluffy as it is touching, and I think thats what I like about it.

I also love how her dad has that "new dad" feel still, even after six years. I just love her dad period!

Good conflict with all three characters and I like how his train of thought goes from Julia to Laura :') so precious.
chapsticklips chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Oh gosh, poor Laura. This story makes me sad, but the end makes me happy. Laura had a dad that loves her and that's all that really matters. Even though I get that Julia was a bitch, I kinda wish that there were a few of her redeeming qualities chucked in their as well, some sign that she was human, an incredibly selfish human but a human all the same. That sad thing about this situation is thar Laura would continue to miss and love and wonder about someone who isn't worth it at all. Even though this was a challenge piece, I hope you would consider writing another from Julia's perspective.. I think it'd be interesting to see inside her mind.
Rhapsody's Song chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Aww. I loved this. It's adorable and almost made me cry. I would say that little bit more action and a little less introspection could improve it, but overall, it was nice.
love Kefillia chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This was amazing. I loved it. It was sweet yet saddening, and there was so much emotion behind each of the characters. It was like, I could feel exactly how the MC felt and I saw the whole scene in my head as if I were standing right next to them. Beautiful.

-love Kefillia.
M. Forthe chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This was great! You incorporated everything from the challenge really well without making the story seem choppy or forced at all. I absolutely loved it. Very well written.
Princess of Chocolate chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
That's awesome. 'nuff said.
Raindrops Melt Away chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
A truly touching story.
TK Anez chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
This was great! I felt so bad for him, you developed your characters so well. Your descriptions were great and I could see this family. 'Julia eyes' was a really good image. Great job! Maybe you could check out my story, Ishiki. I'd love to hear your opinion on it :)
AmandaHold chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
i really liked this. i think it was adorable. it's amazing that you put that much emotion and background in there without any dialogue.