Reviews for A Disconnected Life The Flight of Birdy Braft
DianyRdz chapter 1 . 8/14
Holy fuck, like oh my gosh! Chapter 1 - ohh my god! He kissed her! This man is just like, I can't stop saying ohmygosh. Didn't think he would. I mean all the signs were there but he actually kissed her and yes he definitely has to be back! So so so so many things are like floating around in my head. Who is Beckwith and why is he so distraught about this? Like he blocked his childhood out, did he block everything regarding this person out too? And if he did or didn't, what is happening and ohh gosh! Cannot wait to keep reading!
Ch. 2 - memory lane, in a weird way. Returning and having everything differently like I kind of have a strange sensation like I'm pretty sure you've seen that movie "blast from the past" from ninety something (one of my favorite movies) and it's like a mixture of that in a way. When Adam (Brendan Fraiser'a character) is walking down the street for the first time and he is just looking around. He knows what the streets are supposed to look like and yet he is marveled at how everything is just real. For him, feeling weird and alien to everything (kind of like Braft says he did). Lies I said, not sure why I made this reference but for some reason, reading this part, this movie came to mind, lol!(: how sad though, he is sanding there and nobody recognizes him. Like, dude...
Ch. 3 - what is is with your stories and different movies popping to my mind. Like with the other chapter it was "Blast from the Past" with this one it was "Frequency" with Dennis Quaid. Like when he passes away and his friends on the police force take care of his son, yea that scene (don't know if you've seen it) but that scene just came to mind. Anyway, how sad! His father passed away and everything changes. Gah, I seriously hate it when people withdraw like this but everyone has their own coping mechanism. Sucks when everyone is too involved in it and the younger ones who have nobody there to guide them is the ones that end up like this. I really hope his friends don't give up on him. I really hope that he is able to turn all of this around because he seems like a genuinely good person that was sucked into this. And yes everyone is responsible for their own actions and all but dude, he was just 8 when this happened. Nobody can blame him for growing up and developing this way of acting!
Ch. 4 - ok what a jerk! That guy is just ugh! I mean good for the kid that he found somewhere he feels he belongs but really? At that cost? How is that people are so blinded and talked into doing things like this! worst part is nobody talked him into it, nobody blinded him! He knew the jerk was an a**hole yet he let f*cker treat him like that and continued to want his approval! Like, I just no! I can't really take this to heart and blame the kid bc for one, that's what he is, a kid. A kid who doesn't know much and a kid who does not know what a good thing is or the way a good thing is suppose to be. Or maybe he does but because he doesn't or hasn't had a "good" thing I'm a while, he is choosing this crappy son of a b*tch's way. Excuse my language, normally I try to keep things clean (as a lady should) but thins like this just no! One good thing is he has cleaned up abit, he has stopped causing as much trouble as he used to cause. Abit of the old kid is shining through, I have confidence in this kid, like really. I do but I just hope all of this is not leading up to something worse to him.
Ch. 5 . Ok I knew the was was a jerk but TF! Really? Married and then doing this! So so so many wrong things with the dude. Ok so I think that I was right about the kid. He really is a good one,the circumstances have made him be the way he is. He knows that if he blabs he will end up ridiculing his sister but if he doesn't he in protecting the prick. I could so go on and rant and just extend this review but no.
Ch. 6. - I liked this chapter. I love how he was able to clean up and be a better person all because of this. He found the sense of family he had been yearning for and for that, I am very glad and thankful for him! Like really! The irony, he started off here as "assistant cook" and ended up being a head cook later on! Loved this!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
Absolutely amazing story...I love The Birdman so much! Such a nice guy in the end, and although I was rooting for Tamara for a while Im glad it was Red in the end :D
Blueyes57 chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
God this story made me cry. I went thru so many tissues. It's going into my faves Thank You for sharing this story hun
LiexTruth chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
This was really long, but it was really worth it! I loved this XD In fact I love all your stories, they really hit the spot - it seems weird looking at this as I type it- and I always want to come back for more!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Great story. Thank you.
NonsensicalNovelist chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
love this story and it was your first wow! Is it done cause you don't have the completed option on this?
KenzieGirl chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I really loved your story. I read it a while ago, so my review might not be too detailed, so when I read it again, it will be better.

Ok, so like I said, this was great. What I think really struck home for me and enabled me to remember it and think about it so long after I had finished reading it was that it was very real, the characters and what happened. Some of what happened in the story was awful, obviously the big one, when he walks in on his sister having sex with the coach. It was kinda heartbreaking because she never forgave him for that, because she felt utterly humiliated and pissed off. And that never resolved. In other stories she might have later on contacted him and said how she shouldn't have reacted the way she did and wanted to have some connection with him, but that never happened. As I was writing that I thought of something else that in my opinion contributed to the greatness of this story, pride. Some of these characters had a lot of pride, Birdy for one, and they carried it with them for most of their lives. I don't know if that's what you were going for or agree, but I think that the pride he exhibited made the story real. I don't know, maybe pride isn't the right word. But he knew that no one would believe him, and he wasn't going to give in and tell anyways. It wouldn't make his sister like him, she would hate him more, and he would have looked like he couldn't take what the coach dished out for him.

I know it's not a lot, but I wanted to end this by saying once again that this is great, and I think you're a great writer.

xrisblack chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I haven't finished this story yet, but am loving it. i love you voice and how you paint the story. No matter what it is. your stories have merit and a sound plot.

one question: why haven't you tried to get published?