Reviews for The Best Worse Summer Job I Ever Had
Mango Sundae chapter 11 . 4/3
I really enjoyed reading this! Thank you for writing and posting it. You certainly can nail down a character. I am certain that some of these guys will stick in my mind for a long time to come.

If you haven't heard of it already, I would like to suggest John S. Littell's book "Susie, Sadly, and the Black Torpedo of Doom." Something about your fic kept reminding me of this book. He also wrote a book called "French Impressions."

Thanks again.
Mango Sundae chapter 6 . 4/3
Good grief. A summer of this would be enough to turn anyone off work for life.
Mango Sundae chapter 4 . 4/3
The subject may be depressing (low paid work under miserable conditions) but I am really enjoying reading this. The overall tone and deft descriptions remind me of published work I have read!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29
please seperate this into chapters!
SomeRandomScribbles chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
I'm afraid the light of my laptop will blind me if I read any longer, but from what I've seen so far, this is a fantastic story. I'm no expert, but I honestly think with a little tidying up, this could be good enough for publication :)

There were a couple of things I though could be improved - I felt the opening was a little bit rushed, as if you were trying to finish it so you could get on with the flashbacks. Occasionally there's a bit of an information overload, particularly when you're describing the work day, and I felt sometimes your paragraphs are a bit two short, making the story feel a little stop-start.

But there was so much more good stuff! I absolutely love your writing style - so relaxed and realistic. You really draw the reader in and make them feel at home and in the moment. Your descriptions are brilliant and create such a clear image and atmosphere in the reader's mind - I could really visualize this story. I also like the way you introduce the characters. It's very personal and effective, and the nicknames help to remember who everyone is.