Reviews for The Fictionpress Writer's Guide
Darket chapter 3 . 8/10/2011
This is pure genius! That word vomit had me fucking laughing. Like my mind was blown. Word vomit is fucking bad. Why spend two or three sentences describing one thing? If it's just a flower, fuck it-it's a flow.

There was a rose on the ground. It looked beautiful.

I'd probably write it is, "There was a rose on the ground just ahead. With the light shining down on it, the beauty inside of it glistened-amazing..."

Actually that's horrible. I'm not gonna write a story or some shit about a rose or some gay shit.

Great chapter, word vomit is fucking bad. Dude, I hope you get back into to writing-I need more of this!
Darket chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Yeah, dead guilty of some of this lol. That's part of how I became really famous that one year. I recall before the drifter coming out spending a few hours reading a SHIT TON of stories-I think I reviewed 40 something that day. And I ended each review with "Awesome, could you please check out my story the drifter and leave a review?"

I don't even bother writing "R&R me and I'll review you" because reviews are near useless. I prefer hits-that satisfies me because I know people are reading.

But now-adays (and I just recently came back) I'll read your work if the first chap or so picks me up, and there's some stories like that now. But for the most part no "check out my story" I just give cold hard CC because that's what really helps.

As for CC on this essay-it's a fucking essay, why would I give you CC? In my huge break from FP I blogged like crazy on facebook and myspace lol. I just stumbled across this while looking at old reviews.

I remember when you were Dice Darwin-and yes I still haven't nor ever will change my name
Cookie20007 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
So orignial loved it!
AurorA-Kojima chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
This is just awesome. And quite hilarious.
Accalia. guardian ofShadow chapter 3 . 3/14/2011
An entertaining way to pass the time.

You've got some interesting stuf in this chapter espeshelly.
JennyBizarre chapter 3 . 3/8/2011
This was pretty helpful.

Especially the review stuff.

The lavender prose thing seems pretty difficult though.

Overall, this is a really good guide.
J.C Jackals chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
Love the derogatory wit here. Not kidding, hehe.

Your words made me think about my own writing and how I could improve. That I really should get off my figurative lazy ass and write some one-shots for practice.

Seriously, love your sense of humor. :3
NsShadowSerpent chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Thanks for taking the time to create such a detailed guide. I've already taken notice about the flow of reviews on this site, but it's still nice to see someone out there creating a guide for those of us who still have some difficulty. I really like the humor you've put into the chapters. It really brings out your "voice"! No, I'm not coming on to you. But thanks again!
ObserMask chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
WOOT! I love it you give everyone a great read while giving advice.
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 3 . 9/4/2010
Love your writing!
Artemis Zodiac chapter 3 . 9/4/2010
Thanks for the tips very helpful. Another way i do it is to post a link on yahoo or wiki answers asking people to have a look. Could you please Zibby's story it's my main peace
Der Adler Des Mondes chapter 3 . 8/19/2010
Nice guide!

The "Return Reviews" is something I have taken to heart! I always try to return reviews even with little to no time :P

Another thing... more guides need humor. I am not kidding.

Your guide does nice to read :)

What else...

I have to admit...I am guilty of using alot of adjectives in sentences in one of my stories...

Maybe thats why people are so afraid of reviewing it...

Anyhow... Thanks for reviewing one of my poems :)
MDX chapter 3 . 8/18/2010
Didn't feel like signing in.

I agree with the other reviewer. You have a great "voice." And this is pretty informative.

I have a suggestion for the next chapter. How about character creation and how to avoid mary/barry stews? Ppl here need LOTS of help with that.
Inky Nights chapter 3 . 8/18/2010
LMFAO! This was funny but so true. You have to make people mad sometimes. And your example of "lavender prose" was really cool. I wish I could write like that.

Write more!
Inky Nights chapter 2 . 8/18/2010
When I start posting, I'm going to use this guide to get reviews. Wish I didn't have to, but I'm probably one of the ones who isn't good enough to get readers the normal way.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just thanks for doing this.