Reviews for Never Stop Writing
Katerzzz chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Hello, hello, hello!

I liked this, made me laugh and reminded me of myself, as well as all of us here on FP! Very sweet and realistic and something that you'd read because you know what she is going through. Is this a one shot? It better not be. Good job.

Katz

Please reply by reviewing The Angel Waiting at Hell's Gate
seredemia chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
The first sentence immediately made me smile. I loved how similar it was to what we go thrugh as writers on fictionpress, hehe. Also, I liked how you added in her real life as well, that was a nice addition. I thought Shane was really sweet as well, encouraging her to not stop writing. Aaw.

I felt sorry for Suvarnarekha... Her life doesnt seem to be very nice. Being orphaned and having her life ruined by riots... :(

Did her and Shane meet over the internet or something..? If they did, then holy cow, he knows how to hunt someone down. That's really sweet... and kinda freaky at the same time...

I liked the ending! This was a really sweet piece, great job on it!

Roadhouse
dreamingotwilight chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Returning a Roadhouse review! Sorry, I procrastinate.

This was lovely and realistic! I love that you wrote about something similar to fictionpress. The characters all seem so realistic, and the story is sweet. It's one of those stories you read because you wish it would happen to you.

Only problems were minor word omissions, and you like to hit the space bar a bit too often. Other wise, lovely!
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
When I started reading this, I was really psyched because the main character was an author submitting stories to the internet (supposedly FP). That's such a cool concept, and one that me and my fellow FP authors are sure to appreciate.

This was such a sweet story. The dedication and genuine concern on Shane's part was heartwarming. Even though it makes me feel sorry for Goldline, I'm glad you threw in some history references and consequences. They made the story seem more real.

Good job and good luck in WCC!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
A really nice piece - it was sweet, especially the conversations between Shane and Rekha. I love how he came to find her when she wasn't writing. Nice work.
DarkHawk14 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I really enjoyed this. At first, the names and foreign words were a bit confusing, but then I saw the translations/meanings at the bottom, which were a great idea. Your main character was interesting to understand and relate to, especially being a fellow writer.

Keep up the good work!

DarkHawk14 from the Roadhouse
Piptik chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Hiya

Wow, this was really interesting. First time reading this through (Read it twice and maybe a third time after I'm done with this review) I thought that the flashbacks were her inspiration, so I got confused when the ghosts were mentioned. But I read it again and developed admiration for this story.

The Godhra riots was something unknown to me, it was shocking to finish this piece and see that this had happened. For a piece this personal, I think this was really well done. Most of the stuff I've read like this (Works developed with personal experiences) focussed on the wrong things and I read nothing like that here.

The game Shane and Rekha played seemed fun, and made me laugh )

Great job!

-Piptik

(Returning Review)
Adrenalin chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
First time reading something set in India. I loved the way you used the 'Tata' particularity & made it into a game between friends. It was a great way to include a private joke without it being obscure to the readers (still I'm thankful you explained what 'Tata' means at the end of the piece, otherwise I wouldn't have understood that part!).

Shane is a really strong character. Actually coming all the way over to India? Way to go, boy!

I also liked the way you tied Rehka's story with India history, which justified her being depressive. (By the way, I'm in love with her name's sonority!)

Good luck on the WCC!
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Hey, Pooja!

Nice to see you in this month's WCC. :D

This definitely had your signature vibe to it. I really like that you've transported me into a foreign setting once again. I think you've balanced grim reality with cute drama quite nicely in this piece.

I love how Shane kept his promise and ended up helping her work through her troubles. I didn't find this confusing at all, and I like that you didn't throw too many unknown words at me.

Although I think this piece is good, the ending does feel a bit rushed to me. Then again, word limits can muddle things up a bit, so I understand the possible reason for such.

Best of luck in this month's WCC!
Narq chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
To be honest, I got a bit confused. So many names, so many places. But I must say it was very creative using different ways to show your characters (mainly dialogue).

If this wasn't a WCC piece I would've said that it could be better to do a new chapter for each different 'pairing' - or even here you could give a more definate visual barrier.

Narq.
learntosayhello chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I thought it was cute at the end when Shane showed up, but through out the story I was kind of lost and didn't know what was happening, probably because you used a lot of names but you didn't really explain who anybody was. Keep writing my dear, and I hope you do well in the contest :D
sophiesix chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
I love the way the different parts of the story weave around in this and come together. Actually there was so much i loved in this: the word choice like swatting away the voices in her ear, the names and use of language like 'Dada Dadi' and 'pallav' (i find those touches really interesting and captivating), the mix of texts (YM, the story within a story, RL, memory), the familiarity and rapport built immediately because you were writing about a writer, but also the contrasting interest provided by writing about a (to me) unfamiliar environment and circumstances. i think you got a lovely balance of all of those things.

"Only the quill and the parchment could keep them away" loved that.

Towards the end, it did feel a little rushed, and that narrative was lost a bit, even though the text itself was simpler. perhaps because there is less of a sense of setting, so i didn't feel as grounded?

I loved the ending though, i'd forgotten about that threat, lol! it kinda teetered on melodramatic, with the fainting and because he sounded a bit too good to be true, but i think what balanced that was your last line, nice work!

My only other quibble, and its very small, but I'll say it anyways, is to describe rather than explicitly write out things like "Thud! Thud thud!" and "Fifteen days later", e.g.a drumroll of knocking exploded on the door ' or some such, and to describe the passing of time by, for e.g. the seasons or something, just so that it flows a little more smoothly as part of the text?

Thank you for a wonderfully creative story and good luck in the WCC!