Reviews for Finding Grey Revised
Sweet Pixie chapter 11 . 11/7/2010
Hey! I really like how realistically you're potraying Maggie as a character this time round and I do absolutely adore how you're adding on to your story giving it more content and depth. The next step could be to tweak the plot a little? Just a little? Pretty please? I think you do realise I have some ulterior Moldova here cause I really really really don't wanna see Charlie die this time round. I mean right after he proposed to his sweetheart and all and leave her hanging there like that. And his death isn't really that vital to the plot, is it? While I do know that the change will come eventually, Maggie still kinda gets on my nerves and just wish it'll come faster! and another thing, while Sara's death DOES play a HUGE role in Maggie's change, in the original finding grey it seems as if it was the one that did almost ALL of the character change. I mean, yes, Sara's death ought to be big enough a motivation for her to change but the sight of death around you almost everyday MUST have some sort of impact on the girl but there really wasn't much emphasis on that in the original story. So, yeah.

But other than that kudos for this new and improved Finding Grey so do please update faster! (:
Brackynn chapter 11 . 11/5/2010
Oh, Maggie! And she was doing so well ... but change is difficult, of course, and it's great how you're showing that.

Grey's conversation with Charlie was great and his musing about the possibility of them never coming home gave the last part of the chapter a really ominous feeling. While the scenes between the soldiers have been great fun to read before, I like that there's now a reminder of how serious and dangerous their situation is. The little details like their uniforms no longer fitting and rats eating Grey's shoes paint a very vivid picture of their lifestyle.

Sorry it took me so long to review this time - we've been moving house and have no Internet! Argh! I'm so happy I finally got to read this chapter, though, because it's a really good one :)
LiteratiLady chapter 11 . 10/31/2010
Awesome chapter! Maggie is reverting back to her old self! Bad Maggie! She'll also only change to make herself feel good. Grey seems like a cool guy. Looking forward to the next chapter. :)
Roselle chapter 10 . 10/28/2010
I really like the friendship between Grey and the other soldiers he is serving with. I have to say that I can't wait to see him soften up to Maggie, though. he must have some bad memories of Maggie from his younger days to have the opinion of her that he does. Overall though I like the chapter very much. Keep up the good work. Please update soon. Roselle
Brackynn chapter 10 . 10/28/2010
I love the camaraderie between the soldiers - darling Teddy had to be my favourite, but Billy's theatrics over the letter were very entertaining! I also really liked metaphor comparing the trenches to "long deep veins that now pulsed through the French countryside." It sounds exactly like something Grey the doctor would imagine :)

Ahh, Grey. I love that he's just as stubborn and misguided as Maggie started out. It was kind of cute when he briefly mused about whether she thought of him as more than a friend. I'm really looking forward to watching their relationship develop in future chapters. Very nice chapter!
luzanima chapter 10 . 10/27/2010
I'm glad that Teddy is still sticking up for her! And I like the way you beefed up their correspondence in this revised version of the story - I don't remember as many examples of their letters in the original, but I like it! It helps demonstrate how their 'relationship' is growing.
Rome's Daughter chapter 10 . 10/26/2010
Hopefully he's up for a surprise!

I vote that Teddy gets a letter. Please?
STARLIGHT2267 chapter 9 . 10/15/2010
write more
SingingBird812 chapter 9 . 10/15/2010
Sara is so adorable! The part about Maggie truly thinking she was beautiful was really nice.
Roselle chapter 9 . 10/15/2010
I like very much how Maggie is changing by meeting the different people she is meeting. It's really good that she ins't scared with the little girl and how she puts the girl at ease by taking the mask off and showing her her smile. Keep up the good work!
Istalri chapter 9 . 10/15/2010
Thank you for the quick update! It makes me so happy when I see the alert in my inbox :D I really enjoyed this chapter, especially seeing Maggie interact with Sara. I'm excited to see what will happen next - will she tell Grey about her afternoon with Sara?
Brackynn chapter 9 . 10/15/2010
I loved this sentence - "Despite the fact that her curtains were still drawn, she could tell it was a beautiful day, but inside a storm was raging." What a great image!

It was really great to see another hint at Maggie's transformation by the end of this chapter. I love that Sara (although completely unknowingly) is helping her to realise the value of loving friends. Her thoughts about selflessness are very nicely depicted. And speaking of Sara, I'm so glad to see another chapter with her in it :) She's so adorable - I especially liked it when she just bluntly goes, "You're a weird lady, Miss Maggie!" Ahh, kids...
poznati chapter 9 . 10/14/2010
Precious! I'm really starting to like Sara's character and I'm excited to see how she develops as the story goes on. I also loved Maggie's internal epiphany. Very real and believable.
poznati chapter 8 . 10/11/2010
Ah! This is just so darling and tragic and addicting and amazing all at the same time. I love your writing style and the way your dialogue feels so natural. This is getting better with each chapter. I really, really can't wait to read more! :)
SingingBird812 chapter 8 . 10/11/2010
Each chapter in this is better than the last! I like how the characters are more fleshed out than they were in the original Finding Grey. They were great before, but now they're even better. :)
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »