Reviews for Summoned
Guest chapter 40 . 1/8/2017
Your work is amazing. I felt a real connection to Harley too. I got mad with her, got scared with her and cried with her. Phenomenal.
Ray-Anne chapter 40 . 6/23/2014
Firstly, I want you to take what I say for a grain of salt for a couple reasons. 1) I really did enjoy this, despite what it may seem like. It wasn't terribly deep and shallowly brushed on some things but it was very enjoyable and entertaining. You write consistently and with hardly any grammar errors making it easy to read 2) I'm not a good writer so what do I know really?

So onto what I think. Firstly you handle a great amount of characters fairly deftly. I mean some minor characters could still be fleshed out still, even the murder victims. One little one-shot preview into their lives right now would be interesting. Purely out of interest sake. Still, the detective, main character, and even the CSI team I felt I understood their personalities despite having so little time with them. That's a skill. There are certain things I do not like about the portrayal of characters. Like how every male seems to be attractive or even every person. Even if her character calls herself plain Jane and how you properly describe her using words such as normal we know she isn't. How looks are explained (very show and not tell. Having your character happen-chance study her image in the mirror is not showing despite what it seems. It can be difficult but having a more creative way to do it is better).

Rape is rape and is never pleasurable. This comes from somewhere personal and an educational background - I wish you would have ... had dealt with more. The males who just let her go to save their lives? Say sorry? Just be kind of awkward? For a detective hell-bent on saving everyone I would think (especially in his line of work) that there would be a more passionate and guilty response. She should have felt sick to her stomach. Thrown up. Cried more than once. I understand she is a strong character but for a woman who is so innocent (another odd thing for her age but I will allow it since not all are destroyed by this sex ridden society) it should have been a more severe shock. There is no amount of acceptance that makes it not rape and makes it 'easier to deal with' and when your mind is not in it - your body never will be. There is actually no pleasure. Your body will react in small ways but never in all those ways. It's a romance/sex books so I understand why you wrote it that way. A different thought would have been to make it a dark enjoyment she didn't realize she had (as an idea). A fantasy type thing. That she liked the domineering style. It can make her sick, and guilty (something that still would have been nice to see more of), but that's where the pleasure stems. Because if she wasn't into it at all? Her body would shut down.
Now I haven't read the second book yet (and I do plan to) so maybe you touch on this later. If you do I apologize.

I wish I had understood the character Jeff a bit more on a side note.

Some minor things. When you italicize 'thoughts' you do not actually have to put them into quotes. Switching pov between people is somewhat annoying (personally) but acceptable. It is fairly rare to see a novel that switches from person to person to third. It's just .. rare. Not totally uncommon, but just rare. It was slightly distracting to have it switch so often. Also distracting was the odd random personal injections inside your parenthesis.

And last thing?
Sorry. I'm not trying to be mean and this isn't meant to be an evil 'flame' or anything. It's just some thoughts to ponder.
All the best.
Rosenquill chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
A most engaging story! I'm not sure if I really enjoyed how physical attraction was the only thing that brought Harley to Slaiden, but I have hopes maybe he can show more redeeming attributes in the sequel. Harley is a wonderful character ) I enjoy every last detail about her, from the bullheaded altruism, the unshakable optimism, and even the body shape you chose for her (not a svelte willow figure, but fuller and athletic to boot). I hope too to see more character development for Gavin - some of his weaknesses and not-so-perfect sides. Looking forward to reading the sequel!
Saphireanime chapter 40 . 9/26/2013
thank you, i enjoyed this story a lot
Kiera chapter 40 . 4/17/2013
Your story had me in a death grip, I couldn't tear myself away from it even for a breather.

Only a few spelling errors that occur time to time and just a mention about the author's comments in the story - although it might be for clarification, it would be better if personal references are inserted at the bottom of the page as you usually do. It does interrupt the flow of the story however thankfully it did not occur frequently.

All in all it was an amazing ride, I can't wait to start on the sequel! Love your imagination, love your writing, keep it up!
Katherine Westwood chapter 40 . 1/5/2013
Really liked this story. And I'm so happy there's a sequel. :D
Katherine Westwood
alexisrenee chapter 40 . 8/29/2012
Oh god, I'm so crying right now. This is so sad! But in a good way. DAMN I wanted to kill Jeff! THAT RAT B STARD! Although the way you finished him off was very, VERY, satisfying.
*evil smirk*
alexisrenee chapter 34 . 8/29/2012
Okay, I am LOVIN Cal! Still pretty pissed at demon-boy though. Wanna climb in there and go all black-belt on his ass right now.
Sharky237 chapter 40 . 5/10/2012
I really must tell you how much I adore this story. I think you did a fantastic job of creating a unique and compelling plot with enjoyable characters. This story definitely deserves much more credit and reviews.

Just curious, what style of karate does Harley practice (same for you in that matter, as I can assume by your user name and knowledge of karate that you practice as well). I got my shodan 2 years ago and I always love reading your sparring scenes, especially the bo fight between Harley and Slaiden. :)

Well, off to re-read what you have posted of the sequel. Now that summer is starting I hope to see some more chapters. *hint hint ;)

Cheers

~~sharky
The Phoenix Girl chapter 40 . 5/5/2012
Really enjoyed reading your story! Great work :)
prplmum chapter 40 . 12/2/2011
Well I have just finished reading this story and I was in tears. Light versus dark a great depiction nice touch with Salem the cat and the ancient book. Ending with justice from above and love and faith as family and friends band together, in hope of bringing her back. Even though there is a few years separating them I'd love to see Gavin and Harley end up together in the sequel.
MilkyWaySora chapter 22 . 11/27/2011
Wow! That sure was exciting! (extreme understatement)

You did a pretty good job in describing the 'scenes'. Though, personally, I wish it had lasted longer lol

Awesome job! ;)
MilkyWaySora chapter 21 . 11/27/2011
Awesome chappie! Can't wait to read the next one!
MilkyWaySora chapter 20 . 11/25/2011
Good filler. Never lost my interest )
MilkyWaySora chapter 19 . 11/22/2011
Almost halfway through. I can say that I'm very impressed.
95 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »