Reviews for Poetry
Rhocar chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
very clever
Manifest-Destiny-x X chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I love this! It addresses a real problem in today's educational system; English teachers try to make too much out of some stories and poems. I know from experience that poets don't sit and contemplate every word (at least the good ones), they let it flow.
writingpistachio chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Oh - really clever poem! :D I simply /loved/ the first two stanzas; the flow was great. Said flow seemed to be broken slightly by the third stanza, but was picked up again by the last line.

That being said, I thought the last line was brilliant. Like it had some deeper meaning that I can't think of.

Seriously, seriously great job. :D

Love,

Victoria.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Oh good point, now I want a cool name like that. The last line looks like you're dismantling poetry altogether. We always think in English classes that we're getting more out of poems than the poets put into them. Might as well just read a poem for the rhyme..
Field of Innocence chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
I just started thinking this a few weeks ago, taking apart the word poetry and such. I agree that some words shouldn't be read into. I also feel that line, 'some words just shouldn't be read into' has a deeper meaning, but I can't find it.
AvidWriter-92 chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Ah, this was so clever! :D I loved how you took a simple word, and broke it into 2 different ways that it could have been viewed as, depending on if you were an optimist, or a pessimist. :P

I really loved the last line. :P It is so true! Lol.

Good job on this one, Nicky. It made me laugh. :)

Oh, I don't know if this is right or not, but I think that "Lee" should be capitalized? I'm not sure, since I haven't read the poem. :P

Avid. :D
Punslinger chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I agree that some words shouldn't be read into. But your second interpretation of the name is most accurate in the financial sense-Edgar Allen remained poor even after giving it his best try. And how much were William Wordsworth?