Reviews for Instinct
harvestsunlight chapter 27 . 4/30/2014
Awesome story. It's like Riddick, Alien Resurection and Resident Evil all mashed up. I see in your profile that you say this is a trilogy. I truly hope that you post the next two parts at some point. I'd love to know where this story is going to go.
OniRoi chapter 27 . 10/30/2011
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there's a sequel. I will die if you say there isn't. I absolutely adore everything about this story.

While the ending was unexpected I felt it was appropriate - so long as there is another story to really tie things up because I want to know what happens to Ellitia and Truc.

Keep writing. I'll be waiting.
OniRoi chapter 26 . 10/1/2011
Amazing like usual. I really hope this isn't the end...I might cry.

I would love to know more about this connection between them and why the seem to care, even though they've never met before.
OniRoi chapter 22 . 8/8/2011
I love this story! It is so bloody good! I'm EXTREMELY intrigued about Truc and his agenda. Ellitia has every reason to be perplexed _ men: you can never understand them.

Onto your writing. I think you have masterfully set the scene and used your words to maximum effect. I feel like I was there in the elevator. I only wish there were more chapters...update soon!
Leanna de Weisdorn chapter 19 . 7/4/2011
I can only agree with the other reviewers, the story is really good. Very differentand simply fascinating. L
Alexa Dagger chapter 19 . 6/29/2011
This story is sooooo intense! Gah i just want to know what happens next! I really love these types of stories and this story is just great. I cant wait for more!
OniRoi chapter 19 . 6/28/2011
GOD I LOVE THIS STORY. I'll be desperately waiting for an update.
Always Alex chapter 12 . 2/20/2011
My initial reaction to reading this story was something akin to 'Wow, omgwtffbbq!11thiz is so awesum!', but I felt I'd better write something more coherent in my review beyond girly squeals of appreciation conveyed via painful abuse of the English language. This piece of writing deserves more. To put it simply, I found it clever, well-written and has a very intriguing premise.

More specifically, you drew me in instantly with Ellitia's hard-hitting and frank narrative. The way you write her perspective is vivid, and I enjoy how she doesn't shy away from the gore and blood of the situation they're in. Despite the lurid descriptions of the fighting, you don't stray into painful purple prose. I like that, even as a reader, I'm almost as much in the dark about Ellitia's situation as she is. I think this must be a characteristic of you using the first person perspective, which doesn't always allow for the hints that the 'eye of God' perspective may bring across. This is not a criticism however, because using Ellitia as the narrator works very well. It certainly keeps me hankering to find out more.

As a character, I see Ellitia as brutal, witty and tough, but not above compassion. I like that: a sort of bizarre balance between the superhuman and all too human traits. I found her refreshing, because while she finds humans annoying she also seeks to save them, even if at times she is unsure why. I've read far too many works on here where the character is either so tough that I'm not entirely sure if they feel at all, or they're so emotional that the context is lost to their commiserating. Her somewhat acidic commentary on her fellow ship mates' behaviour makes me smile, and could also be seen to be a sort of commentary on humanity as a whole. Clever, clever.

I'm looking forward to learning more about...well everything you've revealed so far. I'm incredibly curious about Truc, and to see how their odd dynamic develops, and finding out what exactly has been done to her body. Of course, the chance for Ellitia to kick some bastard Organisation ass is also something I'm hoping for at some point. Thank you for a scintillating read so far.
OniRoi chapter 11 . 12/27/2010
This is extremely interesting. I find it stimulating and WELL written. Kudos to you! Definitely gonna subscribe.