Reviews for Ode to the Garbage Man
InkyPink chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
(from WRR)

Haha, this is fun and unexpected to say the least! Sort of reminds me of the Frasier episode where Roz falls in love with the garbage guy. Though that's totally off-the-point :P

"(Oh, how I wish I would looked better right then!)" - whoops, little mistake there :D get rid of "would", I think!

Anyway, nice one, kind of weird but I enjoyed it nonetheless! :D
Young Cali Punk chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
This is a quirky little piece. Its always kinda nice/super awkward to run into an attractive person where you don't expect them to be, and I'd say you captured this pretty well. I especially like the last stanza, it's like a little segue into the daydreams that occur when you run into that situation. All in all a good piece, and like you said, it's extremely catchy.
DarkHawk14 chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Hahaha, this made me smile. I'd love a gorgeous garbage man like this Apollo. The last paragraph definitely made this amazing, in my opinion. It was clever and cretive, just like the rest of this. :)

DarkHawk
deefective chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Nice. This has a very sassy air to it almost. It's cheeky, especially at the end there. You have some good imagery in here. You did a good job of painting thid 'garbage man' and showing us how the narrator views him. I liked the play on words at the end there. Very cheeky and quite clever. I would've liked you to expand on the "my mind is in the gutter" part or at least presented that more forcefully. It's such a great line in relation to this piece. As for the formatting, that could've used a tune up. You used enjambment in some very odd places. Your pauses were also a bit jerking and you could've done without most of the parantheses. Also, you switched tenses throughout and that would've been fine if I thought you did it on purpose but I hav a feeling you didn't. It just didn't make much sense in the piece. But other than that, nicely done.
Stormi Reagan chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
-Repaying Reviews via Roadhouse!

May I just begin by saying that the title made me crack up. Maybe that wasn't the response for that, but it did.

Moving on.

I was left after reading the poem feeling the wonder of who the garbage man was and if he was actually a Greek God. That is fantastic for a reader, even if that's the whole reason the story/poem is about.

I truly wonder how you got the idea for this. I can see you like Greek Mythology and such, which I love as well. *sigh* I simply adore reading one of the stories and letting myself fall into it and forget about the rest.

The words you used for certain thoughts gave the wonder of the poem a good five stars.

Thank you for writing this. I enjoyed it.

-Heart
thefluffmysters chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Wow... that garbage man sounds really really cute!

I thought this was very good, and i like how this garbage man didn't fit the typical steriotype of a garbage man.

"You are handling garbage, so why can't

You handle me?" Whoa. He must really be hot! Lol.

Good writing! ]
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Oh, I see how you roll! Instead of seducing the milk man you seduce the garbage man :p

Its fun to see what situations your mind creates.

-William
Vernelley chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I think this actually provided an interesting insight to the stereotype of the garbage man. I'm fairly sure most people don't associate good looks with the people who handle the trash. I can also see a bit of your interest in mythology creeping in here too, with the reference to Apollo. It was pretty interesting how this person doesn't fit the stereotype most people would attribute to them. I didn't find any errors, and I think it was a considerably well written piece.