Reviews for Deceptive Perception
Bickazer chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
Hahaha, I love Kit! XD He's adorable and funny at the same time. "The Deliverer of Mercy" indeed.

I'm really loving how Faolan and Rio's relationship is moving. It just seems so natural. I love them; they're both people with a lot of issues struggling to figure out their way in the world and damn if that is not my favorite type of relationship.

I love Kayla too, though I admit I don't hear much 'South Carolina' in her speech...maybe she needs to say "y'all" some more. Then again I'm not from SC myself so I don't know...*shrug*

Great story, and I'm eager to keep reading.
Bickazer chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
Aww, I wasn't expecting the relationship to develop this soon! Not that I'm protesting. The sooner the better. Although only if it works for the characters. So far I feel like it does - it really doesn't seem like you're forcing things for the sake of hawt man lovin'.

I love these characters and they have great chemistry together. It's rare that I take to a main couple like this, but I really do think they work well together and I'm deeply invested in them emotionally.

Poor Faolan...seems he had a really rough past. I'd love to learn more about him. And somehow I kind of adore how Rio slipped into a Southern accent when he was worried. :)
Bickazer chapter 2 . 8/29/2011
Ooh, it's just getting better and better...

That scene at the end with Faolan and the demon was mega-hot...*drool* I think I'm just enamored with Faolan in general, though. Not that I don't like Rio! That car-appreciation scene cracked me up.

I really like the details of Rio's investigation. Really helps give the story a strong feeling of...verisimilitude, I'd say? A strong grounding in reality, at any rate, which is always welcome in an urban fantasy, since the contrast between reality and fantasy is the best thing about the genre. And it looks like something you'll be playing with. :)
Bickazer chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Ooh, this is right up my alley! Urban fantasy with police procedural mixd in! And all those mysterious little hints juxtapose nicely with the more practical investigative scenes with the officers and agents.

Faolan and Rio both seem like really interesting characters, and they've already gotten off to a wonderful start. ~_ I like how you used both their perspectives during the scene where they meet each other. It adds a little bit of depth, I think, showing how they interpret the same events in such different ways.

Can't wait to read more!
blackmoondaze2 chapter 19 . 8/9/2011
This chapter was really sweet! The poem alone was enough to make me go "AAAWWWWEEEE!" Fadded did such a good job with it! Of course he always does )

Kayla just loves to mess with those two boys, doesn't she? I laughed so hard when she kept making those sex comments. It certainly didn't help Rio's concentration lol

You can really tell that Rio loves Faolán, especially during his training. Although it did show some insecurities he has when he worried Faolán was mad at him, but that was all wiped away during their love making. That was a really touching scene, by the way.

You two do such a wonderful job writing together. Your styles have blended beautifully. There was a few moments were I was confused with the spelling or when words were missing, but that is okay! ) It happens. I hope you guys keep up with the brilliant work and I can't wait for the next chapter!
xlittleredtearx chapter 19 . 8/8/2011
Are we going to find out Rio's(?) real name soon?
blackmoondaze2 chapter 18 . 5/28/2011
Fadded, my friend, you have done it again! This poem is beautiful! I love the first stanza! This poem expresses longing and pain and is just so deep and beautiful! How you are able to come with these works of art is beyond me!

I liked how the connections between the characters has grown. It was a sweet chapter. A little more care free compared to the others. Which good because poor Rio and Faolán need that emotional break. Well... Rio sorta got an emotional break lol! )

I wondered if Rio had something else in his blood besides the empath inheritance. He was really quick to anger when his loved one's were in trouble and it was harder for him to grasp his calm when that happened. It reminded me of Kayla a bit.

As always you two do such a brilliant job! keep it up and update soon!
blackmoondaze2 chapter 17 . 5/28/2011
I don't know where to begin... Honestly, words have left my mind... I guess I'll ramble until a coherent thought comes up.

What happened was... Horrifying? Brilliant work? Mind boggling? I don't know how to properly describe this...

I was glued to the computer screen! The character's stress really came through. Hell, I was feeling stressed for them! The intricacy and description of Faolán's mind was something I have never read before. I've read stories that dealt with characters who could see into someone's mind and usually they all use the same kind of details, but this was some brilliant work!

I love how you pitted the two's contradictory beliefs together. I don't think either one of their beliefs is wrong. Rio will just have to see that the line between the two worlds demands different laws that basically do the same thing. He'll eventually find a solution to keeping his beliefs and Faolán's in balance without much conflict. Hopefully. I don't know what you two have instored for them, but, man, do you guys love putting them through some high stress situations!

I feel bad that Faolán believes he isn't doing enough to protect Rio, even though he is risking everything he has to do so.

Brilliant work! Keep it up!
blackmoondaze2 chapter 16 . 5/27/2011
Fadded, I know have said it before, but i'll say it agin! I LOVE your poetry! I wish you'd update them more. Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge. lol! .~

Have I ever told you guys that you write so well together? Your writing styles match perfectly! It is beyond me how you can put such description into your scenes and make the characters come to life! Brilliant! )

When I first read this chapter I wanted to smack Faolán. I actually didn't think far enough ahead to the possibility that he was leading someone on for information. All that my mind was saying was, "Don't you dare freaking cheat on Rio! Who is this chick anyways?" lol! I felt so lame when I read on.

I give Faolán props for managing to deal with Phoenix. The guy is a complete ass and is really disgusting. Emphasis on the really disgusting. *shivers* The man is so vulgar! Part of me is glad that he got what was coming to him.

Curios about the Jade Dragon. I don't recall him being mentioned previously and I want to know what kind of past Faolán and him had. I'll admit that when Phoenix was talking about the sorcerer, my mind led to a different conclusion. I really don't like Faolán's master for some reason. I keep thinking that that man will seriously piss me off later in the story. /

Rio sure does put two and two together fast! Faolán doesn't stand a chance against that man. Well, hopefully it helps Faolán in the end. I know he struggles with being called nothing and how he really believes it sometimes. After all, it did bother him having to deal with Phoenix. It's also good that Rio knows when to engage Faolán and when to let the man deal on his own for a bit. Those two are so good together.

Keep up the amazing work my friends! )
blackmoondaze2 chapter 15 . 5/27/2011
Hello! First off let me just say that I have not been able to review for so long because my other account was not working (though I realize that I could have reviewed anonymously, it just wouldn't have been the same. You know? lol). So I created a new one just for my two favorite writers! I have so much to tell you guys! I may not have been able to review, but I have certainly been reading your newest chapters ;)

Hmmm... Where to start? I know! KIT IS SO FREAKING CUTE! And poor Rio, he was in such a shock when he saw Kit morph, but he really does well by the little one. It made my heart wrench a bit when Kit hugged him, and when he crawled into bed with them.

I love the play between Kit and the kittens. Yin and Yang are pretty damn good at comforting someone. It really did Kit well. You guys are so creative at using every little detail to make a story dynamic!

Speaking of which, I love the new twist you guys are heading in. I see a potential tragedy heading in their direction. Although saying that saddens me. ( You two are good at giving hints into the future of the story without giving anything away.

Keep up the brilliant work! I do mean it when I say brilliant also.
Krowhop chapter 18 . 4/20/2011
So, I have been reading this via my kindle...cause I wanted to read it more than just at a computer. So at lunch, at the park, at work, at church... ya. Addictive reading. I am really happy that you are still writing it, all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings. I am really enjoying it so far, and can't wait to find out what happens next. I was wondering when those lines on Rio's back were going to come into play...lol. Great job, and keep it up!
aticia chapter 15 . 3/6/2011
aw that last part made me feel all warm and fuzzy
pille-ip chapter 18 . 2/27/2011
Hey, you two have left me in a constant state of WOW! Again! How on Earth do you do it? You write about deits & NH, do you have some magic powers yourself?

I really liked the idea of Kayla's wings. I'm glad they all have an open communication and things are getting easier to talk about. It's good to have people you can talk to for it makes you feel less lonely.
Amethystars chapter 18 . 2/26/2011
The stars of this chapter were definitely, for me anyways, Kit and the parakeet. It was so sweet to see everyone being so nice to Kit, who was so adorably shy and then excited.

P.S. What does "we parish" mean? :)
jayanx chapter 17 . 1/15/2011
Amazing, watching the feelings grow between Faolan and Rio has been a pleasure. I especially love how Rio is truly working to accept Faolan as he is, without necessarily approving of all of his choices, still choosing to trust in him and their love. Truly a wonderful, honest, and sincere relationship.
84 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »