Reviews for Deceptive Perception
Amethystars chapter 17 . 1/14/2011
Wow. Intense.

You guys did a great job of showing how they do conflict, and that it isn't just perfect because they're in love. And Faolan is much more likable when he's desperately trying to break his orders than when he's killing people, I must say :) Your descriptions of his binding and of his mind were really well done, in that I absolutely clearly understood what was going on. And Rio at the end... so amazingly sweet.
pille-ip chapter 17 . 1/14/2011
Wow, hacking Faolan's mind (or the spell put on Faolan) is what comes to my mind first when I read this. It was such a perfect analogy :) I like the way Faolan trusts Rio so well that he's willing to try anything. I seriously hope that they'll be able to find a weak spot in the spell so that Rio will not be put into Nicodemus' way without warnings. Still even if he is (I guess that's what's coming if they can't hack the spell) I still do hope that Rio even if not very accustomed to his unique powers is going to be strong enough to stand up to Nicodemus. Maybe with his parents help - those two seem to be very useful/powerful/experienced.
blackmoondaze chapter 14 . 1/6/2011
I am currently writing this review while I am reading because I have to get this off my chest. Nicodemus is so messed up! Talking about how wrong it is to love Rio and all that. The stupid jerk is just using Faolán. Gr... I knew there was a reason that I never liked him. (

I really like this sentence, "It radiated off of him like the way in summer heat rolled from a suddenly opened car that had been sealed shut—intense, painful, and breath-stealing." It's a beautiful metaphor that explains Faolán's pain in amazingly sharp details. I'm taking a guess and I hope I don't insult anyone, but did Fadded write this?

Those poor boys just have obstacle after obstacle to over come and I am not surprised that they both keep breaking down. It's good in the development of the characters to keep doing this to them, but, man, they must not like you guys right now lol if I was them I would be looking at my writer like, "really? you're gonna be mean to me again!" lol!

I don't know if it's because I am severely sleep deprived while reading this, but I had a hard time following the scattered tales of Faolán's past and the emotions that were going on in this chapter. I'll have to reread this tomorrow to see if it makes better sense to me.

Also, WHY DO HAVE TO PUT KIT IN DANGER? T.T

As always great work! ) ) ) I give this story a 10 out of 10!

Side note

Fadded can you up date your poems, please? If it's not to much trouble, that is. I love reading your work! )

mousegirl05 I promise I will get to your new stories when I can! I'm ecstatic to start reading them! And Fadded I will finish your story (hopefully) soon! )

You guys are fantastic and I gotta make more time for you! ) ) )
blackmoondaze chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
Hello, my two favoritest writers! I am so, so, so sorry for how long it has taken me to get back to this story. I actually had a dream that the kittens, Yin and Yang where mad at me because I had taken so long to read the next chapter. I had a hell of a time trying to log in lol Just shows I need to not stay away for so long! How are you guys?

Anyways, what a chapter to come back to! Rio and Faolán's sex scene in the shower was hot! lol And it was also very sweet. AND they finally admitted their love for each other! I squealed (yes, squealed) with delight when they said it! I cannot wait to read more!

As always you two do a wonderful job. Fadded has such amazing poems. And the development in the characters is very realistic and thought out. I love this story.

I would like to apologize one last time for how long it has taken me to read this story again. I'm sorry!

Happy late Chritmas and New Year!
Amethystars chapter 16 . 12/27/2010
Since you asked for what we thought of the end...

Visceral reaction: NO!

But I think that it will lead to some interesting places. And I have a feeling that the mastermind isn't Alec, despite the (circumstantial) evidence.

Happy (early) New Year - I don't know where you are, but it's still the 28th here :)
pille-ip chapter 16 . 12/27/2010
This was... hmm, there's no single word for the emotion I got from reading it... intense, interesting, different, lifelike/believable and definitely good!

Happy New Year and update soon!
Divanora chapter 16 . 12/27/2010
I could practically hear the 'dun dun dun!' at the end of that chapter. Faolan's been a bad little enchanter hasn't he? Can't wait to see what happens next!
pille-ip chapter 15 . 11/29/2010
Aww, how sweet :) I'm worried about Irene, but it's been a really interesting chapter and revealing too. I like Kit a lot!
Amethystars chapter 14 . 10/24/2010
I was super excited to read all of the progression on the Nicodemus front in this chapter, and to find out more of Faolan's history. It really explains a lot.

Please don't take too long to update - you'd be leaving Kit in mortal danger :)
pille-ip chapter 14 . 10/24/2010
Gr a cliffie! Bad cliffie, oh no, don't you go hiding the rest of the story...

Um... Don't mind me, I'm still having a hold on my sanity, I'm just barely holding on to my eager side wishing to bite the meanie who invented cliffhangers - ie the usual stuff reading really good stories.

I'm so glad to read more background info about Faolan, but I did get 2 questions - is it just me or does Faolan really have a longer lifespan than humans & what does the word mean with which Nicodemus calls Faolan is it just enchanter in another language or something else?
pille-ip chapter 13 . 10/3/2010
Hugs'n'kisses for this goodie! And not that I don't like the hot scenes, believe me I like that a lot :) But I'm awfully curious about what the heck is going on, about the case these two are investigating, about Faolans Master etc. So please do update soon and save me from the seemingly endless waiting...
blackmoondaze chapter 12 . 9/26/2010
I'm so sorry it took me so long to read this chapter! Things have been crazy busy for me! You know how it is when life throws you unexpected curve balls.

Anyways! That was more of an emotional overload then I think anyone could handle. Faolán had one hell of a challenge when it came to keeping Rio sane! Jeez, I think they all need to see some supernatural psychiatrist man. Those are some unexpectedly deep issues! I'm still reeling from it! I think anything more I say is going to be an understatement (if it isn't already), so I'll leave it at that. lol

So I was close (close being the operative word) when it came to Rio's abilities! Never would have guessed he was a deit though. lol

This chapter was extremely unexpected! To be honest, I had no idea Rio was so unstable. Well, I knew he had issues, but nothing so great as to cause a complete breakdown! I wonder if Faolán will keep this from his master?

I think I'm rambling... .

I have so many questions! .

Brilliant chapter! Keep up the awesome work and can't wait for the update! )
Amethystars chapter 12 . 9/19/2010
Intense chapter emotionally, and intensely good writing.

Awesome job to both of you!
pille-ip chapter 12 . 9/19/2010
Oh I'm glad that Faolan found out what Rio is :) I'm expecting a bit more info about it when Faolan and Kayla explain it to Rio, but the short speculation about his powers has my expectations up for now so I won't bug you about hurrying up right now.

It's really unexpected to see Rio so emotional, or rather so out of control over his emotions. I'd say his reasoning (obviously not knowing what he is) is understood, but he still seems a bit far and hard to understand. I actually like it - it does put me more into Faolan's POV and it makes me think more. Plus he can always surprise me. I do get bored if either the characters or the plot is too predictable. So this is good!

Do update soon :)
Amethystars chapter 11 . 9/17/2010
Love Rio! Love, love, love, love Rio!

Also, half-asleep/just-awake boys sharing a bed are so cute, and that part was really well done, in terms of emotions, realism etc...
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »