Reviews for Deceptive Perception
blackmoondaze chapter 11 . 9/12/2010
Before I review I have to tell you about this weird dream I had about this story. I dreamt that chapter 11 was the last chapter of the book. When I read it it had nothing do with the characters, plot, or anything... I was like "O.O NO!" So I was a little worried when I started reading this lol

Rio got pissed when he saw Faolán's wound. They were having such a lovely morning and then BAM! Rio's over protective drive kicks in! I don't blame Rio for demanding details, but poor Faolán... He has to over come a lot of emotional barriers and to be confronted with all that worry and love must have really knocked him for a loop!

Those two are just so cute! Oh, I'm talking about the cats now, not the boys. lol! Though they are adorable too. The kittens are little trouble makers, but they provide a comic distraction in tense moments. I wonder if they do that on purpose?

As always brilliant work! I can't wait for the next chapter!
pille-ip chapter 11 . 9/12/2010
Is it bad that I like that Rio found out about the wound? I mean it was a part of getting to know eachother, something like adding another brick in the wall called trust...

I don't think Nicodemus is a positive character, and it worries me that he has such an hold over Faolan...

All in all I liked a lot their morning together. Do update soon!
blackmoondaze chapter 10 . 9/7/2010
Every time I read your stories I'm always at a loss as to where to start! And that's when your not collaborating with Fadded! When you two team up it's extremely difficult to get my running mind to focus on one subject when I just want to squeal about how awesome the story is! I honestly don't know where to begin!

Fadded did another brilliant poem that fit the chapter perfectly! It kind of foreshadowed what will come. I can't wait to read his next one!

Okay, I have been giving a lot of thought to what Rio's powers might be. You gave the readers a few more hints in this chapter and I am tantalizingly close to figuring it out. At least I think... His narrowed mindedness when he is searching for someone, and his need to never fail again (which by the way, is a very dangerous characteristic. I have a foreboding feeling he is going to get in a lot of trouble.) all could have do with his powers. I still think Rio's abilities has something to do with empathy or something to that effect. When he found Vincent it's like his body was feeling what Vincent's was? I'm not really sure, but it seemed he was able to bring Vincent back from his terror pretty fast.

Speaking of terror. The scene you described when they entered the room where the NH were being kept was really disturbing. When I read stories I don't see words anymore but pictures in my mind like a movie, if that makes since, and that scene was something that I would rather have lived without. It really added to the story though. It was just so shocking how cruel it was.

And on the subject of cruel, Alec seems like an interesting (for lack of a better description) character. You should go more into the back story of how Faolán and him met and what actually happened between them. The little glimpse you gave us was an interesting insight to what Faolán was like back then. But did you have to make him so cruel to Faolán? Even if what Alec told Faolán was true about his character, it was still tactless of Alec to be so rude about it and made me want to jump to Faolán's rescue and punch the man! Gr. And to cut Faolán's chest! I wish I could show the face I made with a smiley but unfortunately they don't have a combination that would show the furry and indignation well enough, so I'll settle for this ( Alec seems like a guy who marches to his own drum. I'm not sure if he is behind the kidnappings per say, but he is most definitely a suspect!

Now onto the boy's relationship! It is slightly irratating when you know that both the men like each other but are to afraid to advance any further than friendship, but it is adorable to watch them stammer along in a love struck manner though. You guys sure do like to mess with them, don't you? lol Oh well, it makes for a good story.

I fear I have to cut this short now. Brilliant work and I can't wait for you next chapter! *hugs* for total awesomeness!
pille-ip chapter 10 . 9/7/2010
Oh this was again short (well maybe I read too fast) but wonderful. I'm glad the cats accepted Faolan - animals are more sensitive than people. I hope Faolan knows that.

Hehe I noticed you had a name Iancu in here - this made me laugh because it sounds exactly like jänku - bunnyrabbit in Estonian. My hyperactive imagination immediately drew into my mind the image of a tough and armed till the teeth gangsta with the name Fluffy Bunny or something like that :) Can't stop laughing now...
Amethystars chapter 10 . 9/6/2010
" Why was Rio making his mind turn into mush? "

So true...

Anyways, I liked the beginning (the opening line was perfect), and the whole warehouse scene. I'm super curious now to find out more about Rio's talents.

Meeting Alec was interesting... I'm starting to have doubts about Nicodemus' intentions. I liked getting more clues about Faolan's past.

The third part I didn't like so much. The dialogue there seemed a bit off. Still, the ending was great.

BTW, thanks for the epic reply to my review of IB (about rae'lire naming). Your mention of 'future shorts and such' made me *very* excited.
Lucky Fox chapter 9 . 9/1/2010
I'm excited I've caught the story hopefully long before it's over! Big fan of your works, and this one is just as compelling as the rest. I have not read Fadded's work, but I might start now! I'm thinking Fadded wrote Faolan and you wrote Rio? Not sure, tbh. I eagerly await the chapter! Maybe if I read enough, my own writing will get better! Haha.

- LF
pille-ip chapter 9 . 8/31/2010
Curiouser and curiouser... What's going on? Who're experimenting on NHs? Who's the sorcerer that tortured Vincent - Nicodemus? Why? Can't wait for some answers :)
Amethystars chapter 9 . 8/30/2010
Man, this just gets better and better. More mystery. More hints. More Bobby... I might have a thing for Bobby :)

You and Fadded are doing a great job!
Amethystars chapter 8 . 8/30/2010
Oh man... what a chapter! What would we authors do without the power of alcohol to convince characters to do crazy things? I have to admit that I was a bit shocked at how fast things happened, but only in a surprised way, not a 'it's a bad idea' way. I can't wait to see how things play out after this.
Amethystars chapter 6 . 8/30/2010
I was like who the heck is Siofra... but it was much more fun when I did figure it out. Also... I meant to mention how much I like having Kayla involved, even though we haven't really met her yet.
Amethystars chapter 3 . 8/30/2010
I probably mentioned this already, but the flashbacks are really cool. Also, I love Rio, and the whole kitten story is awesome!
blackmoondaze chapter 9 . 8/30/2010
Where to start?

Fadded does some excellent poems, doesn't he? They really do add depth to the story. Plus I like trying to decipher how they fit in with the characters lol Sometimes the simplest poems can have a hidden meaning, you know?

Faolán's insecurities almost put a stop to any advancements in their relationship. I was torn between screaming "Don't be such an idiot! The guy clearly likes you!" and cuddling Faolán and saying, "It's okay, no worries. Poor baby"

The beauty about writing a supernatural story is that you can create any type of power/being. So, Rio confuses me. These are the facts I have so far. His powers have something to do with his abilities. He doesn't let anyone close, besides a select few. He has an uncanny ability for details. Protective of his buddies. People seem incredibly interested in him until he looks at them and they loose that interest (I remembered that from like the third or so chapter with the lady walking down the street lol) Faolán's glamor has no effect on him- most important in their relationship! I think I'm missing a few... At first I thought he was some kind of empath since Faolán claimed Rio could see into his soul. I don't think that's right anymore. The answer is probably right in front of me, but it just keeps dancing out of my reach lol

We finally find out another character behind the kidnappings and what they do the people they capture. Now I'm not a speed demon, but being stuck in the same position would drive me INSANE! So I can't imagine his displeasure. At first when Vincent discovered that his captor was a sorcerer I instantly though about Faolán's master. For some reason I don't like the guy...

The toothpaste scene was interesting. Especially how they followed the lead to the cages. I don't know how you can't be suspicious of cages in a store... At least be a little creeped out Bobby... . Well, he's trying to keep his life straight so it's understandable to just believe the lie and go on like nothing happened I guess.

Brilliant work you guys! Ah, I love this story! You guys rock *hugs*
blackmoondaze chapter 8 . 8/28/2010
I have to say you guys rock! You went above and beyond "just a kissing scene" to a whole new smexy level! XD I'm still stumped about Rio's abilities. I have a better idea of what they could be but not enough proof to warrant any assumptions just yet. Grr... It's like I almost get enough of a glimpse to guess but then it just dances out of my reach!

The next morning when they wake up, I was worried Rio would have more of a freak out than he did and then their relationship would back pedal, but I was pleasantly surprised when they cuddled and Faolán took care of Rio a bit! . So cute!

I'm not sure where Rio's insecurities came from though. Or if they have something to do with his abilities? But the glimpse into his past and vulnerability gave some helpful hints and teasers into learning more. This story is fascinating!

Another great poem by Fadded! I hope he adds more to his profile soon. Hint, hint. lol

Brillant work! Keep up the splendid job! .
pille-ip chapter 8 . 8/28/2010
Hehe, so much about the kissing then :P Although I thought that maybe it was a bit too soon, it was still interesting to see their reactions afterwards. It's as if they have two different languages (with same or similar words used with different meanings) and trying to talk to the other - awkward, easy to misunderstand, easy to hurt eachother, it's as if the soul is bared and heart is out on the open. I'm glad they managed to not blow up over wrong/stupid things at each other. Even better that they managed not to hurt eachother with misunderstood words.
blackmoondaze chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
The reason my reviews are so "awesome" is purely on a selfish desire to bribe you into writing more. Is it working? .~ Just kidding! Actually, the truth of the matter is that my reviews are simply a reflection of the story. Therefore, it's awesomeness is all you guys because I only have good things to tell you. But thank you! )

Okay now on to the good stuff!

This is for Fadded! What a beautiful poem! Granted it was a tad bit depressing, but it had a certain key to understanding the chapter better. It's definitely become another one of my favorites of yours. I like how the poem seems straight forward in what it's talking about, but to me there is also something more just under the surface. Beautiful work!

I figured Rio had lost someone when he started talking about how he "failed" again. How you got Rio to open up about it was excellent. How Faolán took him to his favorite place to relax, not only showed that he cared for the guy because he let Rio see another hint about him, but it was also sweet. Especially how Faolán didn't pry and just waited for Rio's flood gates to open. The dancing scene was cute! I knew Rio was not straight also, and it was adorable how he didn't want to admit it yet.

And do I see a kissing sene in the next chapter? Hm? You can't have emotions go haywire by a nice fire place, with two guys who are drunk and NOT have a kissing scene! And please don't decide not to put one in just because I said that lol

Kayla was not what she appeared to be! That was so out of left field! It was great! I love the little surprises!

Speaking of surprises! It's about time the toothpaste was explain! Excellent work on how you took something mundane and made it into a hidden key in the story!

I have a lot more to say but I think i've written enough... lol Wow didn't realize how long my review was... actually it's not even a review more like a giant summary... oops.. lol

Keep up the brilliant work you guys! .
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »