Reviews for Deceptive Perception
pille-ip chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
Youre building tension... Can't wait for what happens next. Don't take too long to update, please :)
fuzzipueo chapter 6 . 8/24/2010
Yay Rio!

I feel bad for Faolan. Kind of sounds like he's in a tight spot ...

Looking forward to more.
blackmoondaze chapter 6 . 8/22/2010
GO RIO! I jumped up and down when he saved Faolán. I like the developments in their relationships, especially how they have no idea what it means but are still tentatively enjoying the mutual friendship.

I've wracked my brain for anything that could explain Rio's abilities but I keep coming up blank! It is just another mystery I can't wait to solve! D Maybe I'l get some ideas in the next chapter but i'm too stumped right now lol

Putting Faolán in that vulnerable of a position was really a brilliant idea! Not only did it give a little insight to his own personality but to Rio's as well. It really brought a deeper level to the story in my opinion.

Faolán's attempt to see if Rio had a girlfriend and the jokes they were telling made me howl with laughter. XD

I also like Faolán's real name, but I don't like his master all that much. I can't decide if he's going to be a good guy or bad guy.

Fadded created another lovely poem for the story. It was dark but it said a lot for the chapter. I really like how you guys have the poems in the beginning because it makes reading the story more enjoyable. Especially when trying to decipher how it might have something to do with the character's pasts.

I think I commented on everything that I liked... If I forgot something I'll tell you guys next time lol Keep up the brilliant work! And can't wait for the next chapter! .~
pille-ip chapter 6 . 8/22/2010
Whoa what an unexpected twist. Gosh I love when the authors can surprise my probably way too cynical mind and my hyperactive imagination. This story rocks times 100 :)
blackmoondaze chapter 5 . 8/22/2010
Stunned silence... Wow... Poor Faolán. I've had migraines before so I kind of know what he must have felt, but from the way it sounded his mind must be trying to break his skull in half. Can't imagine that kind of pain would keep me conscious for very long lol

How does the toothpaste factor in to all of the kidnappings? It seems like such a small detail that should have no significance in any of this. Grr... It's such a random thing and I can't figure it! lol

Anyways, love Kit! He's goofy and adorable! The poems you have in the beginnings are extraordinary! I'm assuming Fadded writes them? Tell him I think he is really talented for me please!

I would write more but my mind is still stunned. . Love the story and keep up the brilliant work!
pille-ip chapter 5 . 8/22/2010
You meanie - you shouldn't pick on the main characters like this - don't you know how horrible a migraine can be? :P

Bounce! Can't wait for what happens next! Do update soon!
fuzzipueo chapter 5 . 8/22/2010
Oh... Uh oh. This is really, really bad! Where's Rio?

Update fast please! (In other words, keep up the good work.)
pille-ip chapter 4 . 8/17/2010
Hehe, I loove cats and Yin & Yang sure is an interesting choice, especially if one's black with some white & the other it's photo negative :)

Seeing Rio with cats, with some (not so) hidden talents, I'd say the list of his um... abilities/talents/special characteristics/... would match a wiccan or a witch :) This makes it even more intriguing. Especially if he seems either a sceptic or someone who doesn't want to have anything to do with stuff like that. What I mean is that he's a perfect combination of contradictions - up to empath/mage/flowerchild on one side and a tough guy/cop/probably a martial arts blackbelt kind of guy on the other side. And everything in between too. Interesting :)

Thank you for explaining about the glamour - I knew sort of what it is, I was just confused if it was to work mostly on humans or the others. This chapter gave a perfect example of it in addition to your review reply too, so thanks again :)
blackmoondaze chapter 4 . 8/17/2010
Taking a wild guess, but could the poems have something to do with the supernatural being out in the open and everyone living in semi-peace or something? or is it just talking about Faolán's past with his family and all of that?

Anyways! I didn't comment on the last chapter because I didn't have time so I'll do it now. I like how the characters are starting to show more interest in each other and how unnerved they are by it. I love how they aren't quite there yet to admit they like one another but the hints keep leading them there. It makes me excited for when one of them does reach that conclusion. Speaking of conclusion the last paragraphs were disturbing to say the least! Who knew he had to deal with that when he was a little tyke?

Now for the fourth chapter! I absolutely love Kit! He's all over the place and I like how you said "charm" as in referring to Faolán's powers, but it sounded like just a normal thing. This tory in really turning out well and I can't wait to read more of it. Keep up the great work you guys!
Fadded chapter 4 . 8/16/2010
You flatter me too much! You are a brilliant author yourself. Yay, the fourth chapter! I think it's going well. I just love how the story is going so far. Thanks for all the comments guys and gals.

(As a side note, I love the way Rio reacts to Faolán XD)
A Spot of Tea chapter 3 . 8/15/2010
This is some good stuff. I look forward to the next chapter :)
fuzzipueo chapter 3 . 8/14/2010
I think these two have a way to go before they truly trust each other, but once they get there, there'll be a good relationship between them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they solve this kidnapping case.

Keep up the good work!
Xelena chapter 3 . 8/14/2010
i think i've got it at least somewhat figured out, though there's still some stuff up in the air. i'm not too surprised over that ending actually. his whole 'i can take care of myself' is kind of metaphorical for past trauma
pille-ip chapter 3 . 8/14/2010
Hmm, the rape explains some things, and I like this chapter a lot. But I'm still puzzled about the glamour stuff - I'd say the fact that Faolan is Irish might mean he's a fairy/fae/elf mix. (Sorry, in Estonian there's one word for all of those -haldjas- so I'm having some trouble differenciating between the nuances of the three words in English. I'm imagining someone a bit like a 5foot and few inches tall Legolas...) But why the glamour - does he look too elfish/elven without it? Does it give him some sort of immunity/protection etc?

I like the characters - both are getting more and more mature and well-defined with each description, thought and act. They're like real people with many nuances and sometimes contrasting/puzzling facets, which makes them very interesting.
Elkica chapter 2 . 8/10/2010
It's becoming a lot like a man in black (since there's no scenes with mysterious characters that fall in the realm of fantasy and because of which I got the feeling of added layers). But that doesn't mean it's bad or something. I liked man in black. Only this time there's one man in black and for fairies.

I have to admit that I the constant head-hopping got me annoyed - you know how sensitive about that I am. :) But it's understandable since this co-authoring and I assume you two work through the action of your character (one writer per one main character) and then gloss over the scene together to blend too obvious style differences (that's just the feeling I got).

~ which author 'created' Faolán, and which 'created' Rio ~ I think that in overall it was a join venture and that after the characters were created you each took one character, but if I would have to choose I would say Faolan is your, and that's only because his insert seemed much more crowded then Rio's.
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »