Reviews for Deceptive Perception
fuzzipueo chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
The plot thickens. Good stuff.

I'd say that Faolan is mousegirl's character and Rio belongs to Fadded.
pille-ip chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
Haha, I can't wait to see Rio's face... :) I bet the cops don't go smooching the possible suspects/next targets for info in an overly skimpy outfit that turns their partners on :)

Did I get it right that Faolan was just playing the Enchanter, but is actually more ... powerful/advanced/higer...? I mean he used glamour but was it working on the demons or humans? Because he was able to turn it on and off like a lightswitch I'm a bit puzzled here. No, I'd rather say more intrigued by the multiple possibilities here.
Elkica chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
What a great idea. A normal/real world with additional layer. Nice. Really nice.

The first scene really differentiate from your normal style, and through the story there's a lot less description of emotions.

I came across: ritzier ~ a typing error or a new word?

It was interesting that even though there's a lot explaining in the story: from how Rio seemed to expected from everybody to read his body language - which actually made me giggle, especially when he had his boss so well trained to Faolan's annoyance with everybody and that he was 10% English; how come there's no explanation of glamor - it that's so important as it sounds, and why Faolan got so upset when Rio asked if he's English (which seems to be immortal too if for nothing else because it set mood and is a startingpoint of their relationship).

Rio seemed like a very nice guy, if I just met somebody and he would have a fit over such an innocent question, I would think, what a sensitive bitch, roll my eyes and just discarded him/her.

And since by the look of things there's a lot going (to be) on, and a lot of things that will need to be explain as the story progresses, you two will really have to keep an eye on clearness of the story or otherwise it's going to feel cluttered quite quickly. Well, good luck. It will be interesting to see where you are going to lead us.

P.S.: ~Really, one vampire with an allergy to garlic and now the whole human race thought of the little root as vampires-bane. ~ xD This is wonderful.
Amethystars chapter 2 . 8/8/2010
Poor Rio, getting paired with 'crazy' and unorthodox Faolan. I'd feel sorry for him, but it's more fun to sit back and laugh :)
blackmoondaze chapter 2 . 8/8/2010
Okay, so I tried to figure out who wrote which character and I have to say, your story blends very well and I had a little struggle trying to figure it out. I'm just taking a wild guess but you told me before that most of the things I complimented on were Fadded's ideas, so based off of that I'm thinking Fadded wrote Faolán's character. Yup, Fadded final answer. If I got it wrong then it just proves that you guys work well together since I can't distinguish the writing styles all that well. Another great chapter by the way! I can't wait to read the next one! Keep up the great work! .
fuzzipueo chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Looks promising!

I do think Faolan jumped a little fast at being insulted, how would Rio know that he's Irish? Admittedly, his first name is a big giveaway, but still.

I like the joke about SIFI too.

Here's to more chapters.
pille-ip chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Oh I like it so much already! Do post new chapters soon!

The plot seems interesting - fantasy/mythic and detective, maybe a touch of romance (or a big bunch of that).

The characters seem strong, well thought through, distinctive from other stories, not flat and boring, with interesting personalities and backgrounds.

I'm hooked now. Sitting here barely keeping my calm trying not to scream at you "I want a gazillion new chapters right now this very moment, what are you waiting for!" But I'm not going to scream, you know, I'm working on my patience, which I assure you I have for entire 30 seconds... tops...
Amethystars chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Wow... new story, a lot to take in. But I'm excited! I'm likin both the guys so far... they're hilariously similar :)

The bit at the end confuses the hell out of me, although I suspect it's supposed to.
blackmoondaze chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
I love the story! I liked the joke about the SIFI department. The bit at the end was interesting to read, not only because it kind of rhymed, but it also gave insight to the story background. Although I'm not sure if it's about one character or just the supernatural altogether. I feel for Faolán when no one can pronounce his name because I run into that problem too, even though it's really simple to say. I'm curious to find out who is pulling the strings behind the disappearances. Keep up the great work! .
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6