Reviews for Things I did while you were in Mexico
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I'm not really sure what attracted me to the title of this piece over all the others, it just stood out for some reason. The writing itself is a lot more linear then I'm used to with your work which wasn't an unwelcome twist, just unexpected. It still came across as rather striking despite the abstract imagery your poetry usually brings to mind, and I absolutely love the line 'a women made of

gold; a religious relic of youth'. The ending was powerful too, and I can very much relate.

Good to see your quality of writing hasn't fallen any ;)
YasuRan chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
The second stanza conveyed such a gorgeous image of the old West in my mind. Your choice of wording, 'gold', 'religious relic of youth', 'dirty gabled mouth', mm.

I always enjoy your work, from whatever period of your writing :)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile).

"a women made of"... woman

I like this peice a lot. It's a little less abstract than a lot of your pieces so it was an easier read, which I liked since it's Saturday morning... lol.

I love the emotions you go through here. The kind of jealousy in the beginning, then anger and then just kind of giving up almost at the end. That last line was really beautiful and a great ending.
she smolders chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
The emotion in the last two lines of this, I've known it well this past month too. The stark imagery and feelings in your words are always so beautiful.
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Deadly beautiful. It makes me think of Wuthering Heights - all about twisted loves and revenge and pain.

Brilliant job.
Piptik chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Hiya

Really liked the first poem I read of yours and decided to try out some more XD

My favorite line was

"converted to

your dirty gabled mouth"

The ending was unexpected though it made a lot of sense. Once again I really love the emotions you put into your work!

Keep writing D