Reviews for No Promises
Juliet Scar chapter 8 . 8/12/2012
OMG. That ending to this chapter was SOOOOO... dramatic! I love it! Can't wait to see what happens next!
renegade01 chapter 22 . 7/29/2012
well, this is definitely making me feel conflicted.

i like Jace.

i like Laine, for the most part. but what she did towards the end wasn't right. since when was it the innocent baby's fault? it seems like she thinks its the lesser of two evils by saving him from his mother. but how we do we know it was gonna be a boy? whats to stop Roseanne from getting pregnant again...

you're a talented writer and this is definitely different. perhaps one of your categories should be angst.
ladidadi chapter 22 . 7/10/2012
one thing. you are an amazing writer. sure i got confused at times but in the end i guess it all makes sense. wonderful story. x)
natalieward chapter 22 . 6/18/2012
This was a fab story, so different to what I expected, but really well written and constructed - kept me hooked from start to finish!
carleyshake chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
I love it!
witeaya chapter 22 . 5/8/2012
wow,just wow!

i surely didnt expect all the twists.

ur writing style give hints to angst but the plotline was still surprising.

kudos~
Aradia Cloud chapter 22 . 3/1/2012
Friggin A. Most of the new stories that arrive on fp are usually crap writing, from crap 'authors' (and I use that term author VERY lightly), who dnt know a crap about writing.

Its almost disgusting.

Really.

Then here come's your story. Its like a breath of fresh air from all of the putrid, sorrid, toxic, disgusting garbage that's been poluting fp recently. And by jove, I love you for making it possible for me to breath again. You're one of the very few who's new story has kept me pass the first chappie, or even made me click the link to read it , for that matter. And boy, am glad I did.

I love your main characters. Laine is not some, weak, whiny chick who irritates me to no end. SO glad I didn't feel like jumping through the screen to tell her sod the hell off. Its a relief, actually. When I found out that home girl was preggers, I hoped (as much as I simply ADORE babies and children) that she would miscarry. And good ole, faithful Laine, did the job for me. God, I just love her all the more because of that little evil streak in the end there.

And Jace... What can I say but to marry me? I love the kid. End of story. And its only because I love Laine too that I'm not going to come in between their relationship. I deserve a thank you from the happy couple for my heartfelt consideration.

Through about forty percent of the story my throat was constricted with tears. I just found it oober unfair how that wicked witch of the west was acting with her own son. I just can't understand how a mother could be so heatless. And when he attempted suicide? I almost died right along with him. Dang near broke my heart, he did. I thought he was a goner. Thank the heavens above that he was okay... relatively, I guess.

My whole long hour ramble is to show how awesome I think you are for writing this, and even awesomer for sharing it with us other random, insignifigant people in the world.

Kudos

$*Aradia Cloud*$

P.S. If there are any horrible spelling errors, please excuse it. My laptop just busted a few hours ago and I'm writing this review on my phone. Which I'm horrible at typing on.
raebearchan chapter 22 . 1/22/2012
ok. man describing how i feel after reading this whole story is hard to put into words. ok i got it. if thats your idea of a good story you have one messed up mind sweetheart. of course that being said, it does coincide with today's generation so im sure other people in all their twisted idiotic glory loved it for the shits and giggles. But i suppose you can take from that what you will.
TGurl chapter 22 . 1/21/2012
OMG! That was such a heartgripping story...

There were moments when I just smiled due to their happiness,

But there were also moments when I just felt like crying & did :)

Carry on writing you are extremely talented!

x

P.s I did get confused at times :D
Shelbie chapter 22 . 1/13/2012
wait that's it? what about an epilogue? :O
rapted chapter 22 . 1/8/2012
I think really great stories-whether they be novels, movies, what have you-simply make the reader think-not just for a few moments as they start up something else, but for hours, days, weeks. If you can come back on a story and think, "that was an amazing story, and I don't even know if I like the way it ended," then you've done something truly meaningful. If a story can enchant me and haunt me at the same time with its truthfulness, for its ability to not skirt around the uncomfortable bits, if I still want to know more while at the same time I think it was completely perfect, then that's really something. It's making me think.
haliad chapter 22 . 1/8/2012
Ok this was a great story, but I have mixed feelings about the ending (specifically referring to Laine sabotaging Roseanne's pregnancy). On one hand I sort of liked it because it's definitely not something I expected. On the other hand it tainted my opinion of Laine because that is a really sick thing of her to do. Anyway, I loved the story.
Snowlilly31497 chapter 22 . 1/7/2012
Okay, I love No Promises! I found it maybe two months ago, and since the first chapter I've been hooked. This is literally the best story I've found on FictionPress so far. You ended this perfectly. The first time I found it, I can't remember how many chapters it had, but I know every time I read another chapter I just kept wanting more and more. I love your writing style! I think you should publish this. Like, in an actual book form. You have a great gift with writing, and I'm sure that people would buy it if it were a book (I know I would...)

Again, awesome job!

- Sarah
mylittleprincess chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
update soon please.
ARulzz chapter 22 . 1/5/2012
This is story is amazing. U surely do know when and how to end a story. Jace and Lanie r beautiful. I love u & ur stories.

Be sure, I'm goin' 2 read ur other story.

Love u.