Reviews for Reaching Flight
nocturnalblissx chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Hey(: , just returning the favor. Hehe, so I think this poem is very unique. While giving a sense of imformation on planes and birds you set straight the position of humans and planes. Even though planes can get us into the sky, we're never really flying.I think it's great that you addressed this, thanks for the review again. I'll be reading a lot more of your writing!;) bye!
Obsidian Lies chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
It was a really thoughtful piece. Looking retrospectively at what man has accomplished and what it will never be able to achieve. I loved the last two lines. But if you don't mind me saying, it looks like it needs some punctuation? Great concept though.
sesame.seed.bagels chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
No worries, I always review those who review me. This is interesting. I like the beginning, which is less straightforward than the middle. I think it does a pretty good job of covering a few different subjects at once, although it would also work well in multiple poems, like a collection. In the end, you say the word 'reach' twice. I think it conveys sort of a mixed message, as well as just halting the flow. What I was getting before then is that while people have managed to make it into flight, above the clouds, we still cannot feel flight. That you cannot successfully make something you don't have. But saying that 'our goal has been reached' conveys a closing. This contradicts the final lines: 'we may have reached the sky, but we shall never fly'. A better word would be something like 'our goal has been expired' or 'our goal has been burnt out' or something along those lines. Then again, I am no English professor, only a lowly 13-year-old. Overall, it's a good message. Thank you for sharing. I'll go review some more now.