Reviews for Discourses Anton
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Wow, there is definitely a lot to this. My favorite parts were "eloping from so much/moping around, in the red/heat where books curl/under fingertips, and skin/becomes glass," and then "yet, you do/not touch me, merely speak." The first one just has so much interesting imagery, and it's just mesmerizing. And the second is so simple, but straight-forward, and I always appreciate that in writing. I think sometimes people get carried away trying to use their vocabulary skills when they're writing that they forget they can say the same thing with simple words and it can be just as powerful. I think that's why I liked those two stanzas more than the rest of the poem, though that's just a personal preference. I'm not likely to use "big" words unless they feel right in whatever I'm writing. But if it works for you, all the more power to you. In any case, I enjoy reading your poetry because it's different than mine and I can appreciate that. Keep writing! :)
The Minister's Daughter chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
There's so much in this, it's hard to grasp at times, but I can feel a greater meaning. well done. I loved the ghost-sister section