Reviews for Almost Lover
CaBlasch87 chapter 9 . 1/22/2011
aww, this turning outso cute
Ronnie.Meets.Paper chapter 8 . 12/11/2010
This is weird...you sure it's a good idea for Louise to be "dating" (more or less) a former (or not so former) drug addict? It's very unsettling...:/

Anyways, update soon! With more Donovan too! :)

Ronnie
DorkExpress chapter 8 . 12/6/2010
Yay!

New chapter!

Well, Trey doesn't seem like a weird guy, he just has his dry British humor, ya know?

But I do think he likes her a bit more than just a friend... I mean, I think he does..

Anyway, illbehere, so don't forget to post!

XOXO
Guest chapter 8 . 12/6/2010
this chapter is so cute!
EmmaWoodhouse88 chapter 8 . 12/6/2010
Thisvstory is awesome so far! I love it. lol. Now to find out what Donovan and her other coriander reactions will be. I can't wait to see what happensnext!
hehehaha94 chapter 8 . 12/6/2010
trey is nice.. ) but erm.. who's the person he said he missed.. hope you will update soon.. keep writing.
beverlyamethyst16 chapter 8 . 12/5/2010
GREAT GREAT CHAPTER!

I love the plot :)
DorkExpress chapter 7 . 12/5/2010
It's either his sister or an old girlfriend... But, if it's the same girl he said was coming to see him then, why would he deny it, since they aren't something official or anything at all...

But then again, guys lie sometimes for no apparent reason...

Post soon!

XOXO
cheesy-romance-lover chapter 7 . 11/28/2010
Well written story, unique story line, and interesting protagonist. Keep up the good work! Please update soon! :) (especially after leaving such a cliff hanger! :O)
beverlyamethyst16 chapter 7 . 11/27/2010
lol, verry good chapter!
Oedipa chapter 7 . 11/27/2010
Having read all seven chapters in one sitting, I can say for sure I'm looking forward to chapter eight. It is so easy to let romances fall prey to cliches, but this story's got an original premise, original main characters (I really like how she's still carrying on a good relationship with her ex- it's written very realistically), original just about everything. Also, your descriptions of NYC seem just right (granted I've only been there a couple times so I might not be the best judge...but I remember the thing about how you can't see the stars).

Uh. I'm trying to think of some kind of criticism but I'm having a hard time. The only thing that really bothered me was the POV switches- the Trey's POV sections seem pretty random- but that's not a huge issue. Great story.

Also, your main character doesn't really strike me as overly easy. It's actually kind of refreshing to see a female character portrayed as being interested in sex rather than just romance.
toolazy chapter 6 . 11/27/2010
Hahaha so shameless of her to just hang out with him for free lunch.
Whitney Carter chapter 2 . 11/24/2010
Excellent way to start the story because her embarrassment is something we can all relate to (Plus, it’s funny :p) I wasn’t expecting an ex to emerge but you inserted him with ease and style, keeping the old tension that still obviously rests between them and overlaying it with an attempt to be okay with each other again. Very good!
mykes chapter 6 . 11/23/2010
"I like to leave a good impression after my hookups."-Ha, ha. That's just lovely, and the British creepy guy's a nice touch too. I grew up in England, so maybe I'm just biased. Oh, and Louis? Brilliant and original. She actually reminds me of a person I knew. Good job, and I hope you update soon.
Bruhk chapter 5 . 10/18/2010