Reviews for Maddy
Drierwor chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
Really enjoyed the story so far up to this cliff hanger. I noticed it has not bee nupdate in a long time. I would definitely enjoy more to read on the work. Moving on and moving forward to another one of your master pieces. :D
kuronekoevan chapter 4 . 9/12/2011
Tense and the technical details are presented intelligently. A decent spy story, but amusing, what with the protagonist being a girl. Maybe it's your unorthodox style writing which makes me need a minute or two to adjust to it, but once I did, the story plays out well in my mind.
kuronekoevan chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
It's a good introduction. I wonder why not many are reading your works. Perhaps because the chapters are long and formatted with little space between paragraphs, or maybe, just maybe, being in Australia, you uploaded them at a time where not many people are online, as most FP readers are from the US. Just a guess.

Indeed, since Artificial Cunning, I think this story is an improvement.

You have talent. It's an intelligent story. Will continue reading to see how things are going to be.
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
I have to admit that shortly from the top I started to phaze off. I have never been much into spy stories and often get put off by the details of missions. Still I liked the Maddy character and the whole million dollar man... little girl theme. So if she was ten at the time of the accident does she still look ten at the age of thirteen?

‘in the brown glop that was the roadway wherever the complex was in the world’ initially this confused me as I did not know that complex was a place. worked it out when I read on.

Loved you describing the light through the trees as a lance

Ford lying when he knew it would kill him seemed a bit odd, and they seemed such small lies too or was he just saying them because his mistake was going to get him killed anyway, was he drunk because he knew he was going to die? This scene nicely puts in the danger of the business she is in but that in itself makes it odd that he started fraternizing in the middle of a mission or would even have the oppertunity to. Personally I would have liked a bit more of a reactin from him, for Maddy to be trying to work out what he is thinking or even use her abilities to get an impression from him.

Felt gutted for the old guy by the way but loved the message left him. Friendly.

I enjoyed the flashback more than the missions though I think she should have still behaved more like a ten year old even with the extras or even if she doesn't, for the official people to first see her and treat her like a child. They may know that she has been undated but I think it would be far more interesting for her to either remain for a short while mentally childlike or the otherway around. I presume that this operation had not previously been performed on a child so her reactions would still be a suprise to them and a child getting this kind of thing would react very differently to an adult, would probably react better actually.

Shall read on when I can.

-Queen of the Shadylands.
mistyx7 chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
That was really, really good. But what's with all the unecessary spaces between paragraphs. It makes it really annoying to read. It should just be all one thing, unless it's a differant scene. Also, there are no indents. That would be nice. But the actual story was great. Gripping, interesting, strong main charactor, and interesting plot.