Reviews for The story of Set and Horus: Catilina x Cicero
Luni chapter 25 . 5/31/2021
whooo this chapter has been a hell of a ride- they had us in the first half, not gonna lie (lol)- I was scared you would end it with the excuse of the bet like After TT
But obviously I shouldn't even have doubted from the beginning that the ending would have been perfect. You know, while reading the last chapters I realized that a closed final would have been weird, almost innatural for how the story was going, and that is why I am once again congratulating to you for how you handled the story, giving your own characterization to the historical figures without betraying their literary personas (idk if I've been clear) For example I wouldn't have seen Cicero choosing love over politics, neither did I see Catilina doing the same. So yes, I loved the final, loved the whole story, and just don't mind me if I occasionally come back once in a while. Also don't be surprised if in 10 years you will find yourself credited and thanked in my first published book lmaoooo, I will make sure I leave a review when that happens.
Thank you a lot, seriously, I still can't imagine that this is real and you really picked up this story again because of me. And sorry for the email template but I really wish this review finds you healthy and happy. Wish you the best 3
P.S. I also started to write a fic on these stupid Roman dead men a few months ago, when I still had more time. I hate it here
Luni chapter 23 . 5/30/2021
I am so sorry for not noticing it before but I've been studying a lot (above all because I will definetely take classics and I am almost not ashamed anymore) and this has been a really rough year but, for real, thank you a lot. This made me really emotional. I hope you're having a good day and wish you the best in life. 3
Luni chapter 23 . 5/30/2021
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS I WAS RE READING THE STORY FOR THE 4TH TIME BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST THE END OF THE SEMESTER AND I AM SO TIRED AND THEN? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH I'M SO GRATEFUL REALLY? WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS HOW MUCH I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW AND YES I AM BEING PERFECTLY SERIOUS BECAUSE THIS STORY HAD BECOME MY ESCAPE EVERY TIME I FELT ALONE OR MADE FUN OF.
AKrey177 chapter 25 . 1/28/2021
This is the first time I've found a story on Fictionpress that's held my attention for this long! I've really enjoyed the development of Cicero and Catilina's relationship. I'm glad you came back to draw it to a close, although the ending took me by surprise - I don't suppose there's any chance of a continuation to find out what happens next?
AKrey177 chapter 1 . 1/25/2021
Oh, I can't tell you how excited I am about finding your story! It's great reading Roman fic by someone who clearly actually knows their stuff. Thanks for posting, I'm enjoying your work very much and plan to keep reading. I also write stuff about this period, but it's Caesar-centred. I absolutely admire you taking on Cicero!
Luni chapter 22 . 1/8/2021
this is the second time I finish reading this fanfiction ahhhhhhhhhhh I wish you had finished it but now sth like 10 years have passed lol. Thank you for this anyway, this has become my kinda comfort story :)) but don't tell anyone because me wanting to study classics it's already embarassing itself
Luni chapter 17 . 12/21/2020
ok I don't think you will ever read this because this fanfic is dated 8 years ago lmao but nvm... I would like to say that I'm really enjoying your story, and particularly in this chapter I could perceive the effort you put in each word and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love the historical accuracy. I mean Catilina's view on the Symposium? Insanely IC and I agree too lmao I swear I'm loving your Catilina with every cell of my body I can finally feel the sexy aura of the sexy villain. Sorry for this poor choice of words lmao love u with 8 years of delay 3
Luni chapter 6 . 12/21/2020
I love your characterisation of Catilina TT It would be say to admit it is historically accurate lmaoo
Al chapter 22 . 1/13/2019
I know you're not going to finish this, and I don't know if you'll read this, but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed this story very much and I'm glad I found it! Guess I'll have to make up an ending on my own :) I really enjoyed your writing style, you especially write dialogue wonderfully.
Thank you for writing this and getting this far with it. If you do read this, I wish you a nice day.
Guest chapter 17 . 11/16/2018
I’m sorry happy that I found this story, man. I read it on a long long time ago, and I recently found it again, BUT EITH MORE CHAPTERS! Thanks for writing this ️
Guest chapter 22 . 3/12/2017
i've read this whole thing like 3-4 times and i love it so much. although it's been years, and obviously i don't expect this to continue, i noticed a few chapters back that you mentioned you'd actually planned the story out to the end and i'm desperate to know: how did you see this story ending? :)
enbuscadenuncajamas chapter 22 . 4/19/2013
Well, first off, let me say that having no knowledge of the period in which your story takes place (or the characters, yes, I'm that uncultured) I've really enjoyed it so far, historical tidbits aside (had to research a bit, enjoyed it much more after that, especially as the events of the story fit in well with, at least Wikipedia's version of what happened), Catilina is just... wow, yet I have this irrational distaste for Marcus Minor, I can't seem to view him as an adorable child rather than a (spoilt) nuisance... anyways, just wanted to let you know that I've really liked reading and my mind is already running off on tangents as to what's going to happen next...

Er, in summary: you have a loyal, newly enthralled by the previously unknown Ancient Rome reader here :)
Humpy chapter 22 . 4/6/2012
What's interesting about this chapter is that I'm pretty sure that Terentia knows. Not it's obvious she seems to like Catilina more than her own husband if not because Catilina is a patrician and Cicero is not. I wonder however how will be Terentia reaction when she decides to tell what she knows.

I wonder about how you're unfolding this and whether there's going to be a sequel. I think it would be rather interesting how would that work out. Will Cicero forgive Catilina? Won't he? Will he find a way for Catilina to go to exile as he originally intended? What about the rest of the conspirators? And if they are convicted and sentenced to death what will happen to Catilina?

Personally I think Cicero would try to get a way for Catilina to go to exile, to escape. Perhaps they could be reunited many years afterwards, that would be a happy ending and I've read too much Dostoidvesky to wish for a happy ending here. I wonder how you will unravel this story.

Please, I'm not given to begging for something, but you've really put me on the edge with this story. So please, pretty please?
Ondaran chapter 22 . 4/5/2012
You know, this story has transformed me in one of those fan annoying girls that I used to despise. Of course that my latest obsession for Cicero and the classics has also helped but I sincerely believe that your writing style and your plot have something do to with it.

Anyway, now that I'm done embarrassing myself I can talk about the chapter. Terentia is a rather curious character. I've read few (Very few) studies on her and her relationship with Cicero remains a mystery, they married out of convenience apparently and they divorced 30 years afterwards because in Cicero's words she betrayed him. During that time they were faced with Cicero's political troubles, suspicions of him being involved with Clodia (A pairing as unlikely as it is promising).

I think you managed her well here though I would probably guess that there had to be some more complicity between them. I don't know if Terentia, honestly it sounds a little unlikely for her to suspect. Perhaps she thinks that Catilina has convinced Cicero to do something that it's politically unwise. Like forgiving him or something of the sort. I wonder though what happens if she finds out? That's why I think she doesn't know. She would probably be a little more vocal. I'm not seeing Terentia being quiet about the fact that her husband and his nemesis were having an affair.

About Catilina and Cicero (no doubt my favourite part): I love, I absolutely love how Catilina is against the idea of terminating the relationship. And how Cicero, though he's shown himself more prone to feelings, is more ready to put an end to it if it's convenient.

I would really like to see a serious discussion about that in the future, between the two of them. So I know you said you probably won't update for a while. I understand life gets in the way but please, please don't abandon this story, it's such a great piece. It's one of the greatest example of how a great story isn't always recognized as such by others. But you are very talented and you have a way with the characters that can only be acquired through research and knowledge.

So please, make an effort :D if you need anything I would be available to help though my knowledge of such matters is not very deep.

PS: If you are interested in more Cicero's stories I've started writing one in . It's called Orations for a forsaken Man.
CC chapter 21 . 4/4/2012
Awesome, Ancient Rome fic! This is amazing" Please, please update soon your writing style is so beautiful!