Reviews for Closed Off
Sir Bradford chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Touching. Truly touching. As this is personal, I would not ask you to change the subject matter at all. However, I found the use of the words heck and darn a little out of place. They seem too mild for the profound emotion being portrayed. But that is merely for poetic style. Love it.
3M2R chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Oh, it's natural people will sympathize. I did too (my gravest apologies) at first. But the second last stanza 'all you will see/ is a "happy" girl' was what made me empathize instead. I know how it feels to be alone. Yes, I am not deaf, or not even half deaf, but that doesn't mean I don't know what it feels. (okay, just trying to get my point across the stubborn way. Often, when others say they empathize and they know, I'll just think 'yeah, you know... Like real... You're just saying, I can too.. You'll NEVER know.' That was the reason for the emphasis of me really knowing.

Being alone in your world. Sometimes, being able to hear is worse. Read "The Gathering" to know more, the events that happened was an exact projection of my past. Oh, and don't worry, I don't ask for any reviews. I'm still in the mist of editing the story and adding new chapters. (I totally forgot about that story until I scrolled to check the list of works I have the other day.)

'I am closed off.../ from the world...' I feel that most of the time. It's like I want to talk, but it seems like no one cares. I want to express some views, but people don't listen. Discouraging. Just totally discouraging. D:

And yeah, '"happy" girl'. Just like what I show them everyday. They think I'm okay, but they don't know how much I tear alone, how much I scream and shrill to myself. A seeker of peace and a lover of endurance, makes a prisoner of utilization and captive of fear... So much inhibitions, I can't even tell those idiots face to face.