Reviews for Senses
Somebody-Someday chapter 2 . 7/5/2011
I like the nature motif - connective imagery of tendrils, blades, leaves. I also like the sexuality nature presents in this. Some nice duality.
simpleplan13 chapter 3 . 11/28/2010
I like how this is a progression because it has a lot of senses in it. I also liked the first line. The use of the word forced was really powerful. The "maddening quake" was a really great image as well.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or it's Review Marathon (links in my profile!)
simpleplan13 chapter 2 . 11/28/2010
I like how this piece seems to have a few senses. The feel on the hair and also hearing with the spoken. It was a nice combination. The description in the first two lines are really great. I also liked the ending. It was interesting to bring in another person.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I like the third line. The alliteration is really great. I also like the way you formatted falling with it actually falling. That was a nice touch. The whole description of vision was really beautiful.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or it's Review Marathon (links in my profile!)
lipleaf chapter 3 . 10/17/2010
Again, you make use of formatting very well. The entire poem is one sentence, but it doesn't feel like it runs on although you don't often use commas. Making the "but" and "no" as their own lines was an intriguing touch- it gives new meaning to the piece. I particularly love the line "the ghost of her memory cannot be lucid." There's something haunting about that.
lipleaf chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I like the formatting of "falling" here- it's interesting that you chose to group the "fa" and two "l"s together while the other letters were all separated. The alliteration was nicely done. A very short poem, but well-done nonetheless. The way you separate the lines would usually feel disjointed, but it works quite well for the ambiguous nature of this piece.