Reviews for Art Criticism
BlueMoonlily chapter 9 . 10/2/2010
okay so first off im not sorry for reviewing to all of the previous chapters (which i usually do) because i couldnt stop reading your story enough to write a review lol i love it and its awesome and james and turkish are very much hella awesome lol i love this story i love you and THANK YOU for writing this story :) im not an art person who knows any of the artist names mentioned in this story but that doesnt mean i dont enjoy it...cause i do...a hell of a lot lol
NoodleNation chapter 11 . 10/2/2010
-Readergasm- Gawd, how could you do that to us? Aha, it's fine though. I would totally do that in my stories too.

I really like Turkish in this chapter he's so teasing. ;D I also like how you stick to the way he talks even when he's in man-sex mode. Words like "like and dude." :)

Oh and I laughed when I saw the picture of the car. It really does look like a miniature penis! XD

Update soon! I'll be waiting. :)
Abrasive chapter 10 . 10/1/2010
When I started this story all I could think was this: Why doesn't it have more reviews?It's excellent, really. The writing is accessible and the characterisation is wonderfully clear, evident in both James' misanthropy and Turkish's initial art-wankerism.

The small details are what really drew me in, however. Such as Turkish's Persian background and the small references to various artists. The writing is genuinely clever at times and well-developed. I look forward to reading the rest.

Favourite Quote: "-half art brut and half a Robert Smithson space flight with a good dose of prick thrown in-"

Made me laugh 'til I forgot what I was even laughing about.
Annie chapter 6 . 9/28/2010
I wasn't expecting to like this story, but I really, really do. James is complete win, and Turkish makes me laugh a lot. Much love, hope you update, and I'm very excited to continue reading what you've got up so far.
jayanx chapter 10 . 9/24/2010
I love the crossover with your other story in this one. It was nicely done, breif, but a little more than just a walk on.

I love the part with Peter's girlfriend Jenny, there is nothing worse than when you really can't stand your best friend's significant other. I hate having to suck it up, and try to be nice when all you really want to do is really let it out and tell them how you really feel. I've been there, done that, and it sucks espcially when you know that the person they are with is no good for your friend. Luckily for me, my friend finally realized it and dumped him.

Thank you, I will have to check it out.
NoodleNation chapter 10 . 9/24/2010
Kk, I'm like, totally hating Jenny. Peter deserve someone better than that cheating makeup clown! And it's nice to see that James is starting to loosen up to Turkish's charms. :)

Update soon or I'll stalk you! ;D
Esquirella chapter 10 . 9/23/2010
LOL! I'm sorry! I tend to fade in and out, depending on how busy life gets for me. But I love your writing!

Poor James! Jenny sounds like a really annoying thng to wake up to in your kitchen. And he's endearingly awkward. Turkish is awesomely patient! Arie seems amusingly flightly. I like Ian's reaction to his dirty talk in public. LOL!
Driftingtide21 chapter 10 . 9/23/2010
Ok I am really loving this story. Turkish sounds like a few of my friends from high scjool combined into one flamboyant package. And good luck with the job hunting I know how hard it can be especially in this economy.
arsinoee chapter 9 . 9/21/2010
agh, I couldn't stop grinning like a fool as I was reading this story. As an art history major who's worked in an sf gallery, I found myself nodding in agreement with James' frustrations. Alas, I never had a Turkish of my own...real life bleeps sometimes
Esquirella chapter 9 . 9/16/2010
I love this couple a lot! thre's no pretense about Jaes at all, and the way Turkish is pursuing him is so compelling. It's refreshing to find such a couple in a slash fic!
jayanx chapter 9 . 9/15/2010
I love the part about his videos from high school, I can relate in some way to that. I have the poetry I wrote from high school, and trust me, none of it is fit for public consumption (lots of high quality teenaged girl angst, the kind of stuff that would probably get me sent to some serious counseling along with the rest of my literary magazine staff, luckily when I was in high school things were a bit different).

I also really liked the whole conversation about the nature of photography and the relationship between the photographer and their subject. I can relate to that disconnected feeling, and can imagine that putting a lens between yourself and the world would, for some, only heighten that sense of unreality.

As for take out at 2 am, not a chance, no one does take out where I live, we have to deal with the local gas station/grocery/pizza place if you want anything at 2 am.
angelalleya chapter 9 . 9/15/2010
I just wanted to let you know how much I totally love love love this story. I am such an art history nerd (started, though didn't finish, grad school in art history), and I am especially obsessed with photography... and art theory foreplay totally does it for me too. I am also way too much like James for my own comfort, and I would love to find my own Turkish somewhere out there.

I would totally have kept reading this story just for all the art nerd fun, but I am totally and completely in love with the characters as well, and I very much look forward to the next installment.

And this is totally creepy, but based on your writing, you totally seem like someone I would want to hang out with.
NoodleNation chapter 9 . 9/15/2010
Gawd, you just hit all my spots! I love unshaven scruffiness and I loved Turkish's dirty talk towards James at the end of the chapter. It was an eye opener, 'cause I didn't expect Turkish to have a rough side towards him. ;D

Yay, looking forward to your next update. Oh and thanks for answering my question. :)
NoodleNation chapter 8 . 9/15/2010
Nice story so far! I like how you made James slowly warm up to Turkish with some hesitancy instead of the usual cliche -BAM!- I love you so lets have have sweaty man sex. :)

Also, what's the other website where you post this story at? 125 reviews is a lot.

Looking forward to your next update.

Ja Ne, Johnny.
me chapter 8 . 9/11/2010
dude, it's so cute! i love it can't wait for more, so please hurry!
343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 Next »