Reviews for spoonful of sugar
recycle rhymes chapter 23 . 7/25/2011
yeah I think of this, but generally, I feel like a guy and I don't fit together. yet, it's a great feeling when you find a good fit... :)
recycle rhymes chapter 21 . 7/25/2011
the last line seemed kind of mundane in relation to the rest of the poem. maybe try ending it differently by inserting that stanza into a different document? and it didn't quite flow as well. I like the start of the poem though, a lot of rich language and imagery.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
This is beautiful. :) I love the simplicity of it, and the imagery is gorgeous. Keep writing! :)
Fragile Things chapter 22 . 7/15/2011
these are all so beautiful. i have too much to say about too many of them to say it all but just you did an amazing job with this. beautiful work
Fragile Things chapter 5 . 7/15/2011
Lol, had to comment before I finished. I loved sunflower that one really touched me. Also I think the pieces are so sincere and romantic! and i love the bird and the bee XP onward i read...
Guest chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
All i have to say is that ...ummmmmm yea hard to explain but it amazing to see that you feel this way about me, and i want to say thank you! :) I wish i could write like you so i could have something like this, but i cant, sorry! Buttttt i do feeeeeel the very same about youuu! I hope you know that! :)
believe in her chapter 20 . 5/26/2011
i always come to this collection when I need to smile.

this was beautiful
Insanity Streak chapter 20 . 4/28/2011
This piece reminds me of when one person is watching the other sleep. I feel this poem emanates a care and tenderness but mostly love. Not sexual love, but a caring love. the first stanza makes me want to trace my fingers over someone's face, like a partner or a baby. Plus, I adore the way you use colour within your poetry. I feel it makes the poem brighter, in a sense. "...honeyed umber and gold, irresistable antique mahogany glow." I love those lines.

I think my favourite part of this piece is from "finally" to the end. It makes me feel drowsy and chilled out. I feel as if reading that part can rid of any migrane I will ever have. I also feel protected. That no one else can hurt me, ever.

Though, one thing that confused me a tad was the third stanza. How can eye lashes reach from ankle to hip to shoulder to waist. They'd have to be very long eye lashes. Hm. I think I have interpreted that wrong. Haven't I? Yes, I think so.

I love this poem because it made me FEEL an emotion, a feeling. You don't find a lot of that in poetry (unless it is typical, everyday romance poetry) This is warm, nice poetry. So, I congratulate you on your wonderful writing skill.

I hope you have a great day and thanks for writing a lovely poem. :)
Little girl Big world chapter 20 . 4/25/2011
Love this. Beautiful
snorlaxing chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
I like the way you used the metaphor of a sunflower and sun to convey your relationship with him :)
recycle rhymes chapter 19 . 3/11/2011
that is really sweet. it made me aww. lol
natmarie chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
I really like this little collection and your knack for layering on lines, so they flow together and build up. Great formatting and structure as well. Truly enjoyable to read. Great imagery and they are definately things I can relate to. I think any one could. Perfect. That's what poems are for. :)
metal butterfly chapter 5 . 2/26/2011
I love bird and the bee. And I love this poetry collection.
Little girl Big world chapter 8 . 2/2/2011
that is always such a great feeling :)
Little girl Big world chapter 7 . 2/2/2011