Reviews for Scarred
cynicalPastafarian chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
This is amazing! I love it so much. Caitlin reminds me of me, in a way. I don't have an abusive uncle, but I do have scars that I don't want people to see. Please keep writing! You're a really talented author. :)
Neolion chapter 4 . 3/14/2011
Your writing is really something to be prove of... I enjoy your stories, and I'm sure loads of other people do too. You're very talented, and I think you'd make a star author.

Arnold
Just a little Hyper chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
This is amazing!

I know what you're like, and you need confidence, so maybe this will give you a boost.

You're good. Don't ever forget that and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I could never write anything half as good as this. (I can barely even roleplay!)

You make the characters come to life. I could imagine it all in my head. Only good writers can do that, in my opinion.

The words you use are long and interesting, which makes you seem wiser beyond your years. You are and it really shows. If I didn't know you that the author of this story was actually 14, then I would have a hard job guessing.

You create a sense of mystery, willing the reader to read on. If you were a real writer, you'd earn loads of money by being able to do this.

This is going to be a brilliant story, like all of your work. Good Luck with it, and don't give up faith in yourself.
xXManicXx chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
wow...this is awesome!

It's really insteresting, mysterious and intriguing. Once I had read the first few lines I was dying to read on! And I'm still dying to read the next chapter (which I will do)

It sounds like it's going to be an amazing story (as always)

Keep going!

Bethany xx
Annie-Challis chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Are you sure you're 14 years old? You have a very adult style of writing. But you're not as boring as some writers are. You have quite an...extensive (just had to google the word) vocabulary, so you use a lot of words I've never heard of, so I had to google half of the words you used as well. That's a good thing by the way. It means you're very clever. )

Anyway, moving on from the style of writing to the content, it seems like a very good and believable story. You left it on a cliffhanger, which is a good ending, in my opinion. The characters so far seem good, solid characters - Caitlin seems like a girl who's had a troubled past and seems rather pessimistic because of that. However, I think she's a good character. The kind and caring teacher seems like a nice character. I wish my teachers were like that. I also think that the unseen uncle is going to be a fine antagonist for your story (I hope you mean him to be the antagonist.)

I loved the Harry Potter reference, and now I see why Caitlin has a lot in common with him. Both orphans. Both live with uncles they dislike. Both scarred. Both have a teacher looking out for them (Harry not so much, but still). Both find (sort of, in Caitlin’s case) sanctuary at school. Nice comparison. But, Caitlin is completely her own character and not a rip-off Harry Potter.

I like the 1st person narrative, especially since Caitlin has a bit of an attitude. She’s very feisty. Sorry to nag, but slight plot hole – if Caitlin’s so feisty, then how come she has been hurt by her uncle so much?

Then again, he was probably either a) drunk or b) on drugs so chances are, because of the influence of a/b, then Caitlin was a lot weaker and powerless.

All in all, good first chapter and I will be waiting for new ones soon. Good job.