Reviews for Margaret
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
I like how you had the idea of being trapped woven into the poem, you didn't just throw it in at the end. You have the words 'anchored', 'confined', etc, to show this and it gets across the feeling of entrapment well.

The phrase "and some of the nights" seemed out of place. I think it's the 'some of' detracting from the flow and power of the poem. It gives the impression that she sometimes escapes, which I don't think is a good thing.
deefective chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Hm, something about this seems so familiar, like I've heard something like this before. Hmm, not sure. Anyway, the imagery in this piece was nicely done. It's very vivid in a simple sort of way. The writing wasn't dramatic because it didn't need to be but you got the point across just fine. I liked the overall theme of this poem a lot because of course, as writers, we can put ourselves right in this situation. My favorite line was:

"encased in the word-chains"

That's a lovely image and it's poetic in itself. Nicely done.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Nice wording here. I liked 'encased in the word-chains that escaped her pen' bit. It switched on the metaphorical light-bulb in my head ;). First-hand experience, I'm guessing?
Sarah A. W chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
"To others, she seemed

cold and unfeeling;

removed from reality" - This is in my opinion a very strong

Start. It has a wise choice of words and it's very emotional.

Nice poem :)
lymli chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
I like the ending abotu being trapped by the words she made.