Reviews for Pled
Generation Dead chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I'm not going to lie, the rhyming seemed a bit Dr. Suess to me.

Other than that, I thought this was a very powerful piece. I can tell it's about rape, and the fear and confusion that come with it. Wishing someone else was in your place is not sick at all, and I think only those who have been through something like this would understand.

Awesome job :]
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Didn't like the repetition; felt like it was a song. If it was just one time, it would have been good. I also don't like the line "Pled as you wished someone else in your stead." I think that's a disgusting wish; if that happened then she/ he would feel the pain instead. I liked the fourth stanza though because that beer reference was really good. And another thing: WHAT is she/ he pleading for? I guess it's kind of obvious, but the poem doesn't really say, so it made me think, what if it's not rape, and it's just a drunken one-night stand or something. And like 'you' is half-drunk but still coherent and is thinking that she/ he shouldn't be doing it, and maybe she/ he should have picked someone else. If you understood that massive brain vomit, great job! Sorry if this was a bit blunt.
lymli chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
that's true always there's things hard to say.

cool poem.