Reviews for 2012: The Legend Lives
YasuRan chapter 3 . 4/4/2011
This is an interesting premise for a story. The multiple narratives would allow space for a solid tale but they don't seem to be linked together so strongly as to imply this. It's a bit confusing and tends to drag the story down.

Harrison seems like the average-Joe character thrust into extraordinary circumstances so far. While I don't have a strong enough impression of him thus far, I think he shows a lot of potential to be fleshed out more as a protagonist. I also liked the pop-culture references but you ought to take care with the titles of some of the things you mentioned. For example, 'psycho' should be 'Psycho' to show that it's the name of a movie for readers unfamiliar with it.
Eiya Weathes chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I like how you started the chapter, it reeled me in and made me want to read more.

Your writing style is impressive and has me in envy. This is just amazing. The way you introduced the light and everything creative was just breathtaking. I like it.
Harrison O. Brown chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Ohh... spooky! I can't wait for more, and I really like the directon this is going!
LaFarfalla chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Oh my! I agree with Harrison about the weirdness of this chapter! Something fishy is going on... Harrison's blunt personality and sarcasm were humorous. The only problem I may have had with this chapter was that the pacing was a bit rushed. We barely get to know Harrison and then all of these bizarre things start happening. It would be better if we got to know him a bit more first, and then you introduced the dream/deja vu stuff. Then we would be even more freaked out with Harry!
LaFarfalla chapter 2 . 1/14/2011
Very intriuging second chapter! I liked the storytelling aspect of it. Your characterization of Tata in such a short time period was excellent, as were your descriptions. I am still a little confused as to how the two chapters tie together but I'm sure it'll all come together soon XD
Soren the Maniacal Dragon chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
cool D can't wait to see what happens next. update asap plz!
LaFarfalla chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
First off, I really love your writing style. You have this great way of hooking the reader in with your words. For example, with your opening sentences "This is an altogether new feeling. This is something strange. The unknown. It needs a name," I wanted to keep reading to find out what exactly your story was about and I kept on reading throughout the whole piece! From start to finish! That's quite an accomplishment for me, the picky reader XD

Second, your idea was awesome! It was very different to the biblical version of the creation story, but still similar! I really enjoyed the psychological spin you put on God. It was very "Paradise Lost." I was reminded of the novella "Grendel" too.

At first, I was a little confused as I was reading and I was unsure as to what exactly the story was about. However, pretty soon the concept became apparent. However, I believe the first chapter would work quite well as a short story. Also, the title of the piece was throwing me off the whole time I was reading and I thought it was a story about the end of the world, instead of the beginning of the world. Maybe that was your intention?

I really enjoyed how you kept having the creator question itself and adding new words and things to its own knowledge. It was like it was discovering life at the same time we were discovering what was happening in the story. I think you did an excellent job of characterizing the creator character and the creation character.

Overall, awesome job! This is one of the most interesting ~things~ I've read in a long while. I just love philosophical stuff like this :) I will be sure to keep reading!
Harrison O. Brown chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
very intruiging so far, and I can't wait for more!
Soren the Maniacal Dragon chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Fascinating, I love it! Please continue D
Jeremy R Walker chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I like it it is a good creation story so different from the Christian thought pattern I want to see where you take it