Reviews for First Divine Light
sCaRfNiNjA chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I absolutely love this. Haruki sounds like an awesome heroine and I can't wait to catch up in this story!

Just a side thought though; the whole thing about her "other-self" and the fact that it was in first person reminded me of the Eon/a duology.
Vector Phantom chapter 4 . 4/29/2012
I hate the whole mentality of calling people useless

Cool chapter
Vector Phantom chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Sorry I have not read in a while, i have been busy

Anyway my memory is a little shaky, but things seem to be going fairly well for the characters in this chapter when comp[ared to some of their earlier problems
Vector Phantom chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
Tha was a rather surprising twist, looks like we can't count them out just yet!

Go, be the Lunar Priestess and save the day!
VectorPhantom chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Hey, Kira here just saying hi. Anyway this seems fairly interesting though I'm a bit confused. If somebody is relaying a story they were told, why is it in first person? Oh well, it isn't too big a deal
Louis-sama chapter 16 . 6/9/2011
It's fun while it lasts. Despite this story seems to end in bittersweet note, if not a downright downer ending, I am moved by this story. So Sayomi essentially becomes something akin to a god and Haruki descended into darkness, trapped in the oblivion forever. I must say that how cruel their fates are. Even so, both of them, especially Haruki still displays her hope upon meeting Sayomi again.

It's a good thing you left the fact about the possibility for both Sayomi and Haruki to meet each other again ambiguous. It's a style that's hard to pull, and you made it spectacularly. The final words, "I Know. But I will see her again." leaves a major impact upon me as a reader. It's been a long time since I read something this deep. Since this story has come to its end, I hope to see more from you. If I have time, I'll go read your other stories.

Ah, before I forget, I have something to tell you. In near future, I'll make a prequel of Legend of Nura: The Tale of Akira Kuzuryu. Its title is Legend of Nura: The Curse of Amakusa. Instead of rated-T, it'll be M for mature content and excessive violence. The main character will be Shishio Okawa who bears the subtitle 'Another Hero'. Please read if I manage to pull it off.

Good luck!

Louis the Magnificent, terrorizing children's nightmare since 1900.
Louis-sama chapter 15 . 6/6/2011
Before I start, allow me to say this...

Ahem...

WHAT THE HELL? NOOOOOOOO!

What have you done to Haruki? You can't possibly just kill her off? Okay, kidding aside, you have done a very awesome chapter this time. As a human, I can understand how both main characters feel about their struggle against greater force. And in the end, when Haruki asked Sayomi to kill her, I can sense it was a desperate endeavor to solve things. Well, in the end, both of them will die anyway, and according to them, they may be reborn and then, they'll try to search each other again in the new world. Hmm... it reminds me of some old story, but my memory is kinda unreliable. I'll say that the ending of this chapter is the best ending I ever read. When will you post the next chapter, or final chapter? I'll read it immediately if you do.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward for an update. Do your best, okay? This is a very awesome story...

Louis-sama chapter 14 . 6/1/2011
The most awesome battle scene I ever read. Once again, I will say; badass Haruki is badass, and this time, badass Sayomi is also badass. From Haruki's point of view, I can see her determination to fight even though the odds are against them. I barely can hold my breath until they defeated the First, something that I somehow find as the most outstanding scene of this entire story.

And once again, I salute you for making the fight scene between Sayomi and her mother. The moment when Sayomi killed her mother, somehow I feel like she refused to mourn for her and insisted that she cried due to her wound, not due to her mother's death by her hands. I found the scene quite heartbreaking, as a bond between mother and daughter was horribly broken for the sake of honor and ideals.

I think I've got another idea from that.

Anyway, a very well-made, excellent chapter. I wish to see more from you in the future. Please keep up the good, astounding work. I'll be rooting for you. And here, I sincerely give my thanks for reviewing my story, Legend of Nura: The Tale of Akira Kuzuryu. I'm very happy with your review.

Please stay happy and healthy, jaa!

Louis the Magnificent, the most handsome guy in the world
Louis-sama chapter 13 . 5/29/2011
And now, chapter 13, it seems I've seen something different compared to the previous chapter. In previous chapter, it depicted Sayomi's point-of-view and the tragedy between her and her mother. In this chapter, I've seen a clash between ideals, a battle to prove whose ideal is correct one. I am equally awed by how awesome you write the fight scene and how deep this story is. You know, this story gives me some kind of new idea for my own story. And... badass Haruki is badass.

But I have a question. How your characters handle pain? It seems that they just shrug them off while being injured.

Anyway, a very awesome story. I'll be waiting for the next update. If you have time, why don't you come to read (and if you can, review my story, Legend of Nura)? I'll be happy if you do that.

Louis-sama chapter 12 . 5/29/2011
Hello there, Louis-sama is here. I feel very happy to see you updating this story. Sorry for not reviewing this earlier.

Okay, this is the review for chapter 12. While I still feel a bit unfamiliar with this constant-changing point-of-view, this chapter seems to be full with emotional impact, especially when Sayomi has to fight her own mother. It saddens me to see Sayomi quits addressing her mother as 'mother', instead calling her by her own name (at the time Sayomi declares to kill her mother). You know, I can feel the emotions of the characters, something that I rarely felt before, kudos for that. You're one of a few authors who have managed to make my black, soiled heart to move a bit.

Going on to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

Louis-sama chapter 11 . 3/1/2011
Nice chapter. Despite being short, it's easier to read. I have a slight problem with reading due to the alignment, but others seemed alright. About suggestion, since you've been ripping something from myth, why don't you take the idea about Kushinada-hime from the same myth? You know, about Orochi wanting to eat Kushinada-hime. I hope you'll make a consideration about it.

Overall, thank you for the update. I'll be glad to read the next update. Ah, thank you for your review for my story too. I am flattered, you know?
Kisho chapter 11 . 2/28/2011
Really nice as usual, well done Sora. _ I liked how you shortened the chapter this time, it was a nice light read... or maybe I just got engrossed and didn't notice it being long? xD

Either way, yay, it looks like it's going into the final stage... it'll be exciting, I'm excited. x3

Also, I just wanted to say, I like how you use legendary figures from actual folklore, and still make it so easily readable for someone (like me!) who has totally no idea about any of them. xD

Yeah, just a little side note I wanted to add on. Either way, good chapter as usual, can't wait for the next one. :3
John Quinn chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Very interesting. Admittedly, my lack of folklore and background knowledge is threatening my reading experience but very interesting still.

No major errors as far as I can see and the descriptions seem very imaginative and illustrative. Maybe a bit too much but that just might be my taste.
Louis-sama chapter 10 . 2/22/2011
Okay, I'll put the last review here. Like usual, you've done a good job. Overall, I enjoy the whole story, seeing the struggle of these two girls. Even Arai is worth to mention here. The only thing that ticks me off is the change of alignment. Other than that, you're doing just fine.

It is rare to see a decent story here in fp. You're sure one of those rare ones. I'll be waiting for an update for this story, and please make it enjoyable to read like the previous chapters. Don't disappoint your readers.

Louis-sama is cheering!
Louis-sama chapter 5 . 2/22/2011
Again, such a good chapter. It seems Arai hasn't died yet. He sure has some interesting philosophy about making a peaceful world. Villains usually like to justify their atrocities for a greater good. Yes, I am thinking about it too. Anyway, I am glad to see a villain with that kind of attitude. It's rare to see one like that.

Again, good battle scenes. You're good in making battle scenes like these. You're so talented.

I think that's my limit for now. Reading is so tiring. I'll resume after regaining my energy. Well, if you have time, why don't you read my story? You can read Legend of Nura or The Black Prince. Mahou Daigen and Vajra are recommended too.

Louis-sama will be resting for a while. Please expect some other reviews after he recovers.