Reviews for The Unicorn Feast
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Fate never planned, huh?

That's the cleverest thing I've heard all day. I love that contradiction. Seriously, literally, it's brilliant.

I kinda sorta knew what was coming here, but it didn't really make it any less... cringeworthy.

The unicorn, Punslinger? Really? How could you?

Also. Your rhymes here were great, and it flows quite well. I like the repetition of the last line, it kind of gives it the air of a folk song. A twisted sort of unicorn killing folk song, but a folk song nonetheless. Yeah.

. darker shade of pale
3M2R chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
All's nice and sweet, flowy, but the rhyme... I don't know, it's nice, but it made me reread some parts.

Erm... For the first and third last stanza, how about bracketing 'fate never planned'? It reads better somehow. Maybe it's just me, but i felt it was smoother with it in brackets.

I love those two stanzas the most though. Beautiful, beautiful.
Fresh Wildflower chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Oh, good one Punslinger, good one.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Poor unicorn. I think you've made plenty of mourners!

Love "the shy embrace of ferny lace" and the silken hair ensnaring, and the image of this nebulous, faraway world.
Simply Prettyful chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
aw! I was in tears (metaphorically) when I read this! T'is brillient and it comes under Se Quia Sic Dico (because I say so :p)
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
There is something about your rhyme scheme and the repetition of the last couplet that makes this more comical and cynical than morbid..
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I wonder how the meat tastes. Anyway, good job.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
It's the cenatur's feast not the unicorn's feast. I don't mean to be a know-it-all but i didn't suffer through Greek/Roman literature for nothing.
nickyO chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Oh that's *sad :(

I like that you used "Fate never planned" because it puts the blame where it belongs with the maid.

Side note: I have a theory on how people came up with the myth of the unicorn. I think it might have come about because of albino deer (with one horn, like a spike buck who's other horn became damged and lost). I'm guessing other people have had this theory as I asked my husband what you call a one horned deer and he said "a unicorn". One of these days I'll be original...sigh.