Reviews for An Ode to the Starving Artist
Netbug009 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
You have some wonderful vocabulary. It really livens this up.
UnicornSlayer chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
I say this alot, about alot of other poems but...

I love this poem. Honestly.

It has so many good qualities and I can reread it a few times, gaining new elements of it everytime.

Thank you, I really enjoyed it. Also I probly liked it so much because it really hits home with me, I want to paint my parents dont want me to because it's "not a stable career" blah blah blah.

Keep up the good writting.

p.s i love creative writting class exactly for this reason;

accidental masterpieces.
nickyO chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I like it. I especially like the angst/underlining humor you set up by describing the "needy strangers" who don't have the time for the artist who has "unstoppable patience."
MyNameIsDave chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
What a wonderful piece! I bet that teacher was/is thrilled to have such a great writer in their class! Well, they better be!

"Instead, you are a mere speck of dirt on life's sidewalk,

Surrounded by the malleable minds you wish to mold,

Their touchable lives left hopelessly dull."

Those lines are my favorite. Maybe because word, even by themselves, are so powerful to the human mind! Great work, I await more. :D
collycoco chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Hi there. My name is Colleen. What is yours? I felt like putting that, no big deal. By the way, was this the one this the one I read earlier today? Because for some reason it looked familiar. But then again I don't have a good memory. ANYWAY.

I liked this one a lot. Like usual because you are an amazing writer and that is why you are majoring in Creative Writing. I liked this one because it's different then your usual work. it seems like you are criticizing this person because it shows they always chose their job over everything else.

"Your genius ignored, you stand firmly,

Willing to scream only for your own enjoyment."

That's my favorite part for some reason.

Again, I really liked this! Great job! Now I'm going to re-add you to my favorite author. Even though you were just my favorite author. XD
donxcat chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
your creative writing teacher is lucky to be able to read your stories/poems. They stand out from the simple unimaginative creations of most of your contemporaries. don.