Reviews for Abandoned Desire
Echo Dancer chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Short is not a bad thing when the words written are powerful. So much sadness and defeat in this poem. "I know that I am worthless" communicates much about our nameless lover. The embedded message of Will You Forgive Me leads me to believe the person feels responsible for the situation, perhaps taking us back to the worthlessness s/he feels. Depression also comes through. "Perhaps my story is over...take my leave" could be interpreted both as a parting between lovers and thoughts of ending one's life.

Well crafted, Xrystofer. I'm looking forward to working my way through your other writings!
Misplaced Admiration chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I just have to tell you this now;

There I was, skulling coffee and thinking about how awesome this was when I looked back up and saw the other message. That rocked my world. (I'll admit, I'm embarrassed I didn't pick that to begin with; I need some sleep!)

This was a perfect length, it didn't need to be any longer at all, it was such a powerful and to the point poem that I think trying to stretch it out may have actually taken from it. Really an amazing poem, and I'll have to keep coming back to read it! Very well done. Keep it up and get writing! :D Got to run!