Reviews for Crossing the Finish Line
Guest chapter 25 . 12/20/2017
I got to the end of this story and was so heartbroken that it wasn't complete. I can't believe someone would have the audacity to steal your work and publish it as their own. Were you able to take any action to get the story removed from amazon? I hope you do continue with this story. I've fallen in love with the characters and I'm so curious to see what happens next. Don't allow others to tear you down or discourage you from what you do so amazingly. Five years is a long time to be writing something and you can't allow someone to get in the way of that without a fight! Thank you for the wonderful chapters so far. I literally read them all in one night, I was addicted. I'm crossing my fingers and checking every day for updates.
Kaylianna Marie chapter 24 . 12/4/2016
I need a relationship like Ryan's and Charlie's minus the sneaking around and racism and stuff. I want the raw passion and pure love that they have.
Sabrina chapter 14 . 11/5/2015
Hey I Really Enjoyed this book love it I just can't seem to put it down
Guest chapter 26 . 9/18/2015
You go gir so proud of you keep up the good work love
Guest chapter 25 . 9/15/2015
PLEASE UPDATE THIS STORY! It is amazing
alltheeagles chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
RG EF

I like how you captured the angsty mood of a typical 17 year old. Add to that her recent bereavement and well, it could easily have gone OTT but I think you kept it manageable. However, I do rather think that Charlene is in danger of turning into a real pain in the behind with her better-than-thou attitude. I'm all for equality and all, being a member of a minority myself, but well, she'd laying it on real thick here.

I like the amount of detail you give - enough to help me picture the scene but not too much to overwhelm me. The former is important because I have no idea at all what a small town in Georgia is like (so I'd miss whatever is implied if you don't mention it) and the latter, because I don't want a geography lesson, I just want to read a story.
LuckycoolHawk9 chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
I really liked how you started the story by jumping straight to the dialogue and adresssing the biggest change that happened to Charlene first because it shows that she is not happy and gives us a view on her grandma. I also really liked how you brought up the eyes being the window to the soul bit because it gave us a true insight into Charlene's character and her life. I also liked how you intergrated her brother's death but didn't outright write the scene because it does a good job of showing and not telling. I am so happy that I finally started this piece.
Guest chapter 13 . 8/30/2015
I realize this comment comes probably years too late; however, I just started reading this. I believe Mia is Charlie's and Ryan's sister. I believe Ryan's dad was (and probably still is) in love with Charlie's mom. I think that's what he was referring to when he talked to Ryan.
This is a great and well written story.
GlitterInTheDark chapter 25 . 7/30/2015
It's good to know you'll complete this story. Been following since the start and I check up regularly to see if you've updated. Sorry to hear about the plagiarism especially since this person is trying to make a profit out of it. The nerve of some people. I hope you reported them. I'm gonna find this book and leave a review saying this person stole the story.
Bbria1213 chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
You should really put this on WattPad. It would get way more attention!
Raykonapop chapter 25 . 6/23/2015
I love this story! The complex relationships you have weaved are so captivating. I love how you have made characters who are likable but flawed at the same time. Each key character has an interesting back story with different personalities. It helps make this story more relatable and interesting. You are an amazing author and I'm so sorry someone tried to plagiarize you work. I hope it doesn't deter you away from continuing this story, because it is definitely one of the best stories I have read in a while among both fan fiction and published. I just wanted you to know that you have a new fan! Keep up the amazing work!
Fantasque chapter 25 . 6/21/2015
That's insane. If I see it I will report it and let you know!
Thanks for the heads up.
ZoeBaby33060 chapter 4 . 4/28/2015
Okay so I just heard that Alicia Keys song, I'm Ready and it immediately made me think of this story which I began to re-read again. With what's going on in our country right now, I really hope it helps motivate you to finish this story, to show that love can overcome all. You are truly a talented writer and I hope you find your mojo. Please give us a happy ever after.
Equal Love Always chapter 24 . 1/9/2015
I love this story, your writing is amazing. Your characters are one of a kind.
ZoeBaby33060 chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Sooooo.. Ive lost count as to how many times Ive read this story which should tell you how much I REALLY like it. You truly have a gift in writing.. in taking a reader to a journey. I am impatiently waiting for you to finish this story. I am so in love with these characters especially Ryan that I can already picture a sequel to this story with them tackling adulthood. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FINISH THIS STORY!
447 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »