Reviews for of love coffeespoons and derivatives
beautaliton chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
you are amazing. please come back :(
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
The first stanza was pretty articulate and perfectly delivered. However, the poem becomes slightly superficial towards the end. Maybe you meant it like that, maybe you didn't. But that was a phenomenal beginning, and you are hella talented. You just need to write more and more and more.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
i love this poem, beautiful job
Love Frog chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
You're one of my favorite writers on here, you know. I can't remember if I said anything before. I probably sent you a message or something about your break.

Actually, "Crack Coffee and Soy" was probably the first story I read on this website now that I think of it.

Anyway, I disagree with you on the brilliant thing. I think your work is always brilliant. Having a voice is what I think makes writing brilliant, and you have a voice. You also have a much better vocabulary than I do, which I'm extremely jealous of. These words aren't pretty, they're beautiful. I love your imagery and metaphors. I can't get enough of them. I probably read this 4 times now and I can picture it so easily.

"while his voice shakes like spilled ashtrays and burning cigarette butts" -I like that line. And the one with the lead stained erasers, too.

I hope that whatever you’re going through gets better and you can find yourself or become that girl you want to be or whatever it is. I just read the April 23 part of your profile and as I did, it made me think of my boyfriend and how bitter he can get. On our camping trip, his mom and I went to the bathroom and on the way she said, "You need to get him out of his shell." She sounded hurt. And he's impossible. Don’t stop taking those baby steps. Soon you’ll be running.

Keep growing,

Love Frog
Carmel March chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
The words are pretty, but I think this is more than just words. I love it!
Kyllex chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
This is my favorite line:

"and i understand him like lead-stained erasers and derivatives."

I probably like that because it mentions calculus and while I actually like and understand derivatives, I know plenty of people who don't. Haha.

This is interesting. I really like your word choice. It flows nicely and there's lots of imagery. Good job! I hope you're not away too long, because I love your writing.

-Kyllex
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Quite expressive.

No, that does not translate to '?'

Your phrases are beautiful, actually.

'The molten quite' and 'opium-grey-waking' are my favorites.

]

Great job!]

- StoryMonster
Lullaby Street chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Hello darling.

I feel we both have decided to do the same thing, to find ourselves, so that we may be who we need to. Writing was blocking that for me too. (though I didn't even put up my stuff)

I can only say that I will miss your lovely stories and beautiful words, the ones I was always so dreadfully happy to read and imagine.

You are an insanely well versed writer. Hope when you come back you still have that power in you, to write as if it were a movie playing in my head rather than just empty words.

I hope life treats you well and helps you resolve whatever has been too much for you to deal with.

Have many ice-cream and cinnamon filled hugs for when you need them.

If you ever return, I hope I somehow find out so I may rejoice in your writing again.

Have a lovely time off.

p.s. I got such an aching heart as I read this poem for it seems you have a way of connecting with what I myself am feeling but am too stupid to ever jot down.

Hope to read from you soon.
lymli chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
I like the part about how he read you like braille and canvas. it's a lovely and sensual imagery.