Reviews for Extraneous Poetry
Howle chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
This one is awesome too. The first two, I like, but honestly have nothing to say about them besides that they're good. The last one really captured me though. I love this image that you paint. The idea of bird "hiccuping" like it's making a small jump, it's all just great. And then your inclusion of this sort of ominous wire thing in the end really works out too.

Good job, once again.
Howle chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I really like this. I like how it's just ambiguous enough to keep you wondering, but concrete enough not to confuse the reader. There are some awesome lines in this poem. I especially like the "guess we'll have to wait another day to break the sky." There's a really interesting contrast in your work. There's sort of a sense of decay and degradation, you know, "the motor isn't working," or "won't do me any good." And this is combined with a very tranquil imagery like "gently pulsing points," and it's a beautiful day.

Also I like how each of your stanzas tell a different story, but somehow it's still somewhat related.

Also, I'm swept away by the ending. I love how you just cut it of, and then the reader is like "wtf?" and then he's like "oh yeah, colors."

Anyway, awesome job :D