Reviews for The Passion Paradox
Acie chapter 6 . 8/31/2017
Have you ever read horoscope? The vibes are literally exactly the same.
chris.antha chapter 17 . 7/20/2016
Is it a typo where she hands the gun to Nick? that doesnt make sense why she would do that
AboutAs SubtleAs A FlyingBrick chapter 11 . 11/25/2015
Can someone tell me how a patient from a high security wing in a mental asylum can just escape. How do you just walk past CCTV, have no night watch security guard, and manage to get into a woman's house about 30 or so minutes away? What sane person (excuse the pun) would not report a mental patient that escaped and broke into your house?
lilcarellijohn chapter 40 . 8/15/2015
This was one of the most unique things I've ever read , I don't feel like there's anything that would come to a close comparison , quite frankly I would kill the child it would be a threat to society and it's most likely to hurt more than one person so it's one over many so the child would be killed if that was me.

I loved this, get this published, this played games on my mental pysche
lilcarellijohn chapter 3 . 8/9/2015
I,m weak
That's a compliment of the highest kind
Yannick chapter 16 . 6/26/2015
I love the way you write. You have a much fuller vocabulary than most authors seem to have on this site, but never use it excessively. It's detailed, multifaceted, and a pleasure to read. There are awkward phrases here and there, but one can't ever expect perfection even in published works.

There are some things though, that struck me as odd or incomplete. They all sort of link together, so I'll try and present them as clearly as possible.

Firstly, the plot. While the general gist of it is nothing new, no doubt you've heard of Hannibal, it can and has been done well.
Assuming St. Peter's is a fairly well known asylum with a strong reputation, which it would be given that such a high profile patient was admitted, the security would not be so lax. The fact that Nikolai was not in a straightjacket, despite C1 mentioning patients in Ward F were all in straightjackets, was able to escape on multiple occasions, and also capable of possessing weapons, is already hard to believe in my eyes.

On top of that, Dr. Pathsia is still very young, 25yo with 1 year of full-time work under her belt and full accreditation and a high enough status to be assigned a high profile patient? Alright. It might work if she was a genius, finished high school at age 16, completed her PhD right after aceing her bachelors, and pulled enough strings to get a job, so following that train of thought, why is she so easily shaken by her patients? Given that possible background, she should be much more controlled, confident, and possibly cocky as most geniuses are.
The moment she started having nightmares about Nikolai, she was unfit to care for him. Protocol, switch doctors. The moment he snuck out to visit her. Protocol, report to officials. The moment he interacted with/hurt another patient. Protocol, patient's safety, report. Even if it's just speculation and not hard evidence. She's just not professional.

Which brings me to characterisation. No doubt Dr. Pathsia has had a few bad times of her own. Otherwise the nightmares wouldn't have come so easily, and
she wouldn't have been so easily disturbed, but with barely any hints to open up her wounds to the readers, it's hard to really care for her character.
Dr. Greaves is so suspicious, honestly, and probably for good reason. But onwards. How does he not know Dr. Pathsia, when there seem to be only three resident doctors in the entire asylum? How does he already know that Nikolai is "completely harmless", and why wouldn't Dr. Pathsia question his reason for speaking to her patient without permission?
Laura and Luke's affair came out of nowhere, it would be much more believable if he had just found another random woman.
As for Dana and Darren, you'd think Dr. Pathsia would call her supposed best friend after 2 months of silence.

Unfortunately, I stopped reading for the plot a few chapters back, so I can't comment much on the chase besides the fact that it was absolutely stupid that she didn't call the police. You write so beautifully that I can imagine exactly what they're doing, though the world building isn't so defined.

I know that you wrote this a few years back, but I hope these thoughts of mine will be able to help you anyway. I'm going through your profile now hoping to find something just as interesting with a more solid plot. I don't often dissect stories so thoroughly, but mental health is something I'm very interested in, so I always take extra time to read and comment on pieces relating to it.

Hope to see more from you.
Daniaisme chapter 40 . 2/15/2015
First step in the long journey of therapy, one that hopefully nears completion before the baby is born. God I feel so sorry for this kid already.
Daniaisme chapter 39 . 2/15/2015
Fuck. Dammit. I wanted her to kill him before she got pregnant. Uggggg why is the justice system in this world such a fail? Now an innocent unborn baby is in the midst of all this shit! She is definitel a huge MORON.
Daniaisme chapter 36 . 2/15/2015
Poor girl.
Are you trying to tell me obsessive love never works out?
Daniaisme chapter 33 . 2/15/2015
Please just let her get counseling and be okay. Please. This story makes me feel so much...
Daniaisme chapter 28 . 2/15/2015
This was a disturbing chapter...Dead bodies are creepy as fuck, not romantic in any way.
Daniaisme chapter 25 . 2/15/2015
I dont trust them. Strangers are rarely this generous.
Daniaisme chapter 24 . 2/15/2015
Lol must be freeing. Just don't be reckless dearie.
Daniaisme chapter 18 . 2/15/2015
She does kinda seem like a completely masochistic moron...shoulda listened to her mother and now she shouldve entered a police station. Nicks only human.
Daniaisme chapter 15 . 2/14/2015
She basically let him kill Lucas. :/ not cool.
164 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »