Reviews for The Passion Paradox
LiviaTheodosius chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
I enjoyed this even if you were quite young when you wrote it, even with its issues, you were way ahead of the curve.
Edna-Mode413 chapter 10 . 4/24/2014
Infuriating. Not even remotely realistic. It all played out like a bad hollywood movie where everything would only happen in this "fantasy" world. Seriously... Adel's behavior was just so stupid and her reaction toward Nikolai with only spouting empty threats that was merely laughable at best made me want to punch her in the face and shout "what is wrong with you?"
Anyways not to bash the story but it was just so frustrating. It started out really well and held me captive for the first few chapters but as the story progressed... Everything went down hill and started unraveling (the plot, the characters, etc) and it was too long so this is a DNF for me
RayOfSunshine66 chapter 40 . 2/13/2014
[continued review] people! Then she killed a human being without even putting up a fight! And she had many chances to escape but she never did even though she kept saying how much she hated him. Even when she would say that she did not which blew my mind how she could love someone like him when he has never even been nice to her, and murdered everyone she loves! But i can not judge her for what happened because i could never imagine what it would feel like to be in her shoes. The fear of him, and being killed, and the depression that was on her shoulders! I don't think i would of been as strong as she was, i just wish she could of been strong enough to kill him (harsh much?) Well sorry for the long message, hope you are doing well, and still using your writing talent! This was an amazing book, and you did a very well done job rounding every character from the start to the finish!
RayOfSunshine66 chapter 40 . 2/13/2014
Amazing story! Before i explain how i felt, please know that i really loved this story! This book made me feel many different emotions, which is what i believe makes a great book. I cared for what happened to Adel and i sincerely didn't want anything to happen to her. I know i am reading a bad book when i don't care what happens to the main character so i liked that i could relate with her and i didn't want anything bad to happen to her. Btw what i am about to say is not criticism, it is just how i feel :) after i finished the story, i wanted to bang Adel's head against the wall to knock some since into her. Then i wanted to bang Nikolai's head against the wall and drag him to the electric chair. Then i wanted to bang my own head against the wall. It made me mad that Nikolai was such a horrible person, and in the end he got exactly what he wanted. I was also mad when Adel would do what he said even when she knew it was wrong. I mean she handed Nikolai the knife when she knew he was going to kill the
DeadlyEmbrace chapter 40 . 1/17/2014
I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this one! I read it in two days! I become so addicted to your stories! ;)
TMSantos chapter 40 . 12/18/2013
Beautiful story 3
Elishar chapter 40 . 4/10/2013
You ended it so soon. :( A few mind-bugging scenes would have worked. I had seriously thought you'd kill either one of them (besides of course all the others). But anyway it's a good story. Had me going WTF. Though I really would have liked to know how Nikolai knew things. He failed to know some information but he's still undeniably skillful. I guess I'd just never understand the art of stalking. It falls now as one of my favorite suspense/horror tales. Do write more. :)
tootalltoobetrue chapter 40 . 4/6/2013
One of the best work I have ever read
theVERYCONFUSEDgirl chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Im liking it :)
FairyBeloive2730 chapter 40 . 11/24/2012
My mind was just...BLOWN by this story. Very well written and just overall amazing.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/20/2012
I had to suspend my disbelief frequently-Like, why on earth would the institution send a female therapist to deal with a deranged rapist/murderer who hates/dominates women? I especially thought it was weird when she was in his cell with him without any supervision or protection (besides a needle). This would not happen. Maybe I misread something, I'm not sure. Otherwise, I like your villain and your protagonist. I like that Adel is convincingly complex about her situation as a captive. I hate reading stories where characters are raped and describe how hot it was/is. It's disturbing. Yet, it's also a complicated crime in that it involves sex and arousal. Adel's attachment to Nicolai isn't completely off base, because many victims of kidnapping experience similar emotions and attachments, especially when isolated with the captor. Anyone, it certainly was a good read...I just couldn't help but laugh at a few oddities (as mentioned above).
TheOther BoleynGirl1509 chapter 40 . 9/28/2012
I dont know what to say... This story was very well written, heart wrenching, scary, believable, and addicting. Once I had started I had hard time stopping. And when i wasnt reading I was thinking about Nikolai and it freaked me out, haha. Great job, I hope we will see more of your writing soon!
Anon frm Belgium chapter 40 . 8/30/2012
Like many, I read this story in one sitting because it kept me longing for more! I loved the "sexy" interactions between Nikolai and Adel, because I have a weird fascination for rapists/psychopaths and their victims. I'm always looking for a story where the worst happens and I was certainly thrilled that Nikolai finally made Adel " his". I do agree, like many that read this story, that some dialogues, especially in the beginning, did not make any sense, like Adel telling Nikolai that he's a crazy rapist and murderer. You could've definitely done your homework a bit more on that part. But it kept me wanting to read more and more, only leaving an hour for a coffee break :p Also, Adel did annoy me sometimes, but that's because I usually side with the antagonists ... don't ask me why, I just tend to do that! :p Also, don't skip from one place to another, like one moment they're in Adel's house and the next, they're in her parents' house...
Nikolai was my favorite character, I seem to have a weakness for delusional persona's. I'm just so interested in those kinds of characters, I want to know what goes inside of their head and with Nikolai, I could! Job accomplished. You are definitely a very skilled writer, but you just need to do your homework a bit more. I'm even guessing that, if you improve some parts, you could try to send your fiction to a couple of publishers. It would definitely be a book that I would buy!
So, this is my little review! Keep on writing, I really did enjoy it! It was a tension-filled story, decent plot, kept me longing for more. I'm even a little curious as to what would happen next. I'm hoping for another confrontation where Nikolai would finally win, but I rest my case.
If I could give this story grades, it would be a 4 out of 5, B, etc etc. Great job! Keep at it, you're very talented.
NicerTwin chapter 17 . 8/30/2012
I dont understand this anymore...seriously...this is just so fucked up and adel's reactions are so unrealistic -.-
XxDarkwitchXx chapter 40 . 8/8/2012
Started reading this story a few hours ago and finished it in one sitting. All I can say is... wow. What a ride! My goodness. I don't even know where to start! First and foremost, loved Adel. She was an intriguing heroine to watch throughout the entire story. Her development was fabulous. :)
And then Nikolai... holy moley. Whenever I pictured his lines, in my mind a mental image of The Joker always came to mind. Totally devious, actions out of left field at all times, and kept my mind reeling. It was realy his character that was the hook that kept me reading this piece. I'm a huge fan of the 'villans' if you will, and Nikolai had to be my favorite character in this piece... hands down.
Loved the piece overall, beautifully written. Reading it at night sent shivers down my spine the entire time. The dialogue choices were brilliant as well.
Well done! :D