Reviews for The Passion Paradox
Vespertine Charles chapter 38 . 9/6/2011
You fed my love of mental illnesses and stories about them well, Oortali. I anxiously await the next chapter (assuming it isn't finished and the recent update time.) Nikolai sounds strangely like me, however. I'm flattered.
Anehalia chapter 38 . 9/4/2011
I almost thought that chapter 26 was the last chapter. Seems like there is a lot more. You play out the characters so well. I can't wait to see how you continue to develop and change your characters.
Loved-Synced chapter 38 . 9/4/2011
Oh my god! I love your story very much and I've been waiting for these chapters since you posted chapter 36. Today is my birthday and this is an amazing present! Can't wait for the next chapters!
HoPELeSS.RoMaNTiiC chapter 36 . 9/4/2011
This story is captivating. The emotion in it really impacts on the reader and I've actually been close to tears a few times. One thing that really annoyed me about this was in the earlier chapters he was always squashing her hands in his, wouldn't he have fractured or broken it by the third time? I have to say though, I really don't understand why she wrote all her connections down on a piece of paper for and why wouldn't she go to the police for? Didn't she care about her relations? How did he get out of his cell in the earlier chapters and how did he know all the info on everyone? I hope you start answering these questions soon, the anticipation is killing me!

Other than that, this story is just amazing. I actually felt like I was going crazy there for a bit, all these psychological devices are really getting to me. Congratulations, update soon please.
Anehalia chapter 35 . 8/28/2011
So I read the reviews, and I don't know what they keep in metal facilities, but I don't think bipolar people are there, but I don't know. I did think about that when reading this, but the story itself is basically good. Yes, Adel isn't the best of people, but who is? She is a very nicely flawed character. What is amazing is how she is slowly corrupted. Someone said that she was retarded and stupid, and didn't react enough. I guess they don't realize how demented and how obsessed she has become. In fact, as I was reading it, I realized Nickoli simply had her so wrapped up that she couldn't react more. At a point, the mind goes blank and starts to accept things. Stockholm Syndrome, like one of your chapters was called. She doesn't grieve for her friend because she has seen so much she is starting to get used to seeing it. By the end, he truly has made her physcotic. It is perfect in a creepy way, and he knows just how to change her. He is crazy, and she is the perfect character to manipulate and change. It was insane, crazy, sickening, but oh so realistic, and understandable when thinking about how it happens so slowly, and how he slowly tortures her. And this all happens because of her trait where she is determined not to fail. It fits so perfectly.
Anehalia chapter 36 . 8/28/2011
wow, that was horrid and amazing. You write so well, and so creepily that I couldn't stop. That was extremely creepy, and so well written. I hate to say this, but I was fascinated by the way they reacted. I was fascinated by how well you played with the mind, and how much psychology you knew, and how well you used it.
NicerTwin chapter 12 . 8/19/2011
u, this woman is just not right. her reactions to eveyrhting's so mild. she almost got raped-she stills wants to see for a silly reason like "i'm not giving up" and bull. then she gets told one of her best friends was murdered, and she doesnt even shed a tear. All she does is get angry at the dude. seriously, wtf?
NicerTwin chapter 11 . 8/19/2011
she's retarded
NicerTwin chapter 10 . 8/19/2011
WTF? how is she not super freaked out about this? he just snuck into her HOUSE and almost raped her!
chrissy2911 chapter 36 . 8/15/2011
All I have to say is wow that is one twisted ass dude and adel isntt much better at this point. To have her say I love you just seemed so fitting. I justcant believe he found her after two years,I mean how did he get out of jail... I wonder if they live a demented happily ever after. Crazy I think ill avoid ever becoming a shrink or going to a mental hospital after reading this.
chrissy2911 chapter 3 . 8/15/2011
This story is really good so far im notto sure about nick but adel is far to high strung for my taste ..then again she is dealing with the crazies so maybe as I read on she will lighten up a little bit
Maximum-Strawberry chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Wow, she is the worst psychologist I've ever seen. Discouraging patients from doing something productive like making hats? Giving anti-psychotics to a bipolar patients who is not doing anything destructive?

BTW alcoholics and drug addicts are not kept in mental institutions. And I don't think they keep bipolar patients either, unless they do something really harmful to themselves or others.
browneyes33 chapter 36 . 6/4/2011
this is a really messed up story but i cant stop reading it. i want to know what happens next, hopefully nikolai dying eventually
New King on the Block chapter 36 . 4/20/2011
Well that was extrememly unrealistic. She went from pratically hating him to loving him. The relationship development it a little warped
DorkExpress chapter 36 . 4/20/2011
Wow... that was qyite a story!

It was so xomplex and you had my heart beating eraticly in some of the scenes... wow, just... wow...

XOXO