Reviews for 5) Eric Olafson, First Journeys GC VI
smulhollandsmith chapter 23 . 12/24/2013
Awesome, read the story multiple times now. Hope we see the rewrite soon!
Rumors of War chapter 23 . 1/13/2013
Very interesting story, a lot of imagination seemed to have gone into this, you really break things down, and go into a lot of detail about other worlds, learning how to use eating utensils from other worlds is case in point. Keep up the good work.
morover chapter 23 . 12/1/2012
Absolutely loving this whole series. Wish we had stayed on Green Hell longer, though, as I had wanted to know more. Thanks for a good read.
54vette chapter 23 . 9/6/2012
MAGNIFICENT STORY! TOTALLY CAPTIVATING! :)
Flubber chapter 23 . 9/5/2012
Great story; thanks!
Ron Elliott chapter 23 . 7/27/2012
About this and all preceeding chapters:
WOW!
Words fail me.
Love your woork
Allerum chapter 11 . 3/3/2012
This need to wear women's clothes is really pulling the story down. This much of a character flaw is hurting your story. Unless the reader is someone who likes to wear women's clothes having the main character express this need, makes the main character feel fake. This is why fetish sites exist as those who want to read this go there and read it. I will continue to read it but your story is getting more wrapped up in his gender identity and you lose the feeling of a galactic war. A person who has done such courageous acts and then feels the need to be a female throws the whole story into implausible.

If your main character was going to like women's clothes you should have made him a woman from the start. This transformation from man to woman is only important for people who go through it, with a story this long and this complex your audience is vast and many people will not want to feel awkward reading this. A transgender hero is not-mainstream for novels because 90% of people cannot relate to it. I love your world you have created, but with technology so advanced I do not think a person would struggle with this as some do today. I feel they would go straight to the doctor and be gender reassigned immediately.
blakagant chapter 11 . 10/1/2011
I've read you first book and your justification of his fixation with womens clothing, and I dont see it as a genetic problem, none of our genes make us wear certain clothing, it is a behavioural and cultural issue. i really wish you would have offered the idea of Psychotherapy, as that is the most logical solution to wanting to wear female clothing, as you said, he gained comfort from wearing his mothers clothes after seeing a terribly traumatic event, yet he still feels attracted to females. Thus he isnt a homosexual which is possibly a genetic problem, and more than likely making it a behavioural issue steming from traumatic events in early childhood.

Appologies for the long critique, but it is quite fusterating how a main plot point is flawed.
scrachline chapter 23 . 11/7/2010
outstanding piece of work - thank you
NeWBeE chapter 23 . 11/6/2010
I see... So Eric's space ship under the ocean is what the Y'all are looking for! That little ship must be one awesome piece of machinery. Glad to see that Eric came out of another "hearing" unscathed.
NeWBeE chapter 22 . 11/4/2010
Yet again, you have outdone yourself. The action was grand this chapter and your penchant for originality really shines when describing the different races and their current mindset while developing the main plot. We missed alot of this in your last version of this story. I'm so happy that you came back and wrote the beginning of Eric's story with more detail before continuing on because I didn't know what I was missing! As always, I impatiently wait for the next chapter. :)
a99515 chapter 21 . 10/31/2010
Time Just one hour,they are in trouble poor Eric to the rescue. Will Eric be in time? What a clifhanger this chapter ending is. Well done VR I like it.
NeWBeE chapter 21 . 10/31/2010
Very nice resolution to the Nogoll situation on the Yokuta's planet. Eric displayed his penchant for getting right into the thick of things once again. Soon we go back to boot camp! I can't wait for the space combat. It's the most entertaining part of the series to me. I enjoy fleet action and the ships themselves almost as much as I enjoy seeing Eric get himself into and out of sticky situations. Hopefully you'll get done with your work soon with a big bonus so you can focus back on the story. :p
a99515 chapter 20 . 10/29/2010
And so the action begans. Oh what have you for poor Eric VR? It would not be your stile not to give poor Eric moor than he can handle.
NeWBeE chapter 20 . 10/29/2010
I've been checking daily. When you post we will read. :)
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »