Reviews for Royalty
chibikodo chapter 11 . 9/21/2012
Oh Yermo...

I can't help but wonder what Dmitti is thinking- that Yermo and Kenny should confess to one another, that all three of them could be happy together (instead of being a third wheel)... Or that Yermo is being silly to think that their friendship would be ignored just because Kenny and Dmitri are together. I can't wait to read ehat happens next.
Aime Atem chapter 10 . 7/15/2012
So good I stayed up two hours past my bed time to get through it all, and regret nothing. I hope this story ends in a threesome, because I adore all three characters and want them all happy and in love. Before that, though, bring on the angst!

I'm pumped that you're back to updating your stories here. What other projects are you working on/can we see?
ohpooryermo chapter 10 . 7/15/2012
he's in love with dmitri without really being aware of it, isnt he? x3 i love your story so far, and im hooked. i stayed up all night readng until i dozed off and im only getting the chance to finish up now- im at work! shhh!

really though, i sincerely look forward to another chapter so please have one up for us soon!
ahugefan chapter 10 . 6/20/2012
I feel like this is going to become a three way romance... and I rather like the idea :) can't wait to see what actually happens.
jammi chapter 10 . 6/10/2012
They're both still in love with Yermo but they're also in love with each other. Hmm...

[Sean and Bill congratulated Yermo on his superior love-dodging and matchmaking skills, and invited him out to their new suburban house some time. "You really are our rock," Sean said. "You'll always be there, to pick up the pieces of other people's drama, and to steer them the way they need to go for real happiness."]

Ugh. YERMO. I mean, why are you such a good person? These people, well, maybe not Bill, but Sean for sure, are assholes. Like, okay, maybe not assholes but insensitive brutes.

How are you happy with someone and then congratulate someone on dodging love when the only reason he does that is because one of you told him he was unsuitable. Asshole.

And that bullshit about steering others towards their real happiness? UGH.

But then again, Yermo is a grown man who can make his own decisions and he has chosen to be used like that but still.

[Yermo's heart sunk. Well, it was to be expected, wasn't it? Wasn't that what he was hoping for all along?

But all the extra shifts in the world wouldn't pay for that apartment on his own, and he had lost his taste for getting to know cute new roommates.

He was going to have to downsize.]

Aww, muffin. My heart, I feel it for you. Even though it's your own fault.

But I am crossing my fingers that he'll be able to get his cake and eat it too. With both of them because all of them need to be happy, and none of them seem averse to the idea of the other being around.

Kenny might be a bit iffy since he has that prince idea firmly in his head but still.
Potatoe1988 chapter 10 . 5/30/2012
Oooh, oooh, is this headed for polyamory? I hope so.
jammi chapter 9 . 5/28/2012
["What you're calling giving you a chance would really amount to abusing you, Kenny, becuase no matter what you say to me, there's no way you're going to be longing for what I want to dish out. Not if your only motivation is to see if you can take it for my sake. And I don't do abuse."]

I know this isn't really relevant to the whole story but I like that he mentions there's a difference. I've read a few books lately where the more 'dominant' character made the 'sub' like it and no, it was uncomfortable.

[he just found himself smiling, sometimes sadly, but usually just pleased, and a bit surprised, as if he had suddenly thought of the answer to a difficult math problem.]

YERMO WHY MUST YOU BUILD THE BRIDGE TO YOUR OWN UNHAPPINESS? I mean, okay, maybe not unhappiness per se, but loneliness most likely. He just... he's so laid back and sweet but at the same time. OY.

There have been a few typos, but they're all typing too fast typos, like above with 'because' or

[It was not like Dmitri to be idnecisive].

["I thought I was in a romantic relationship with the little twerp until last month," Dmitri said. "Found out the contrary on my birthday of all days."]

I like how he's still angry, lol. It makes sense even if Yermo seems to bounce back from these things. I feel like one day he's going to go for a bounce and just shatter. Or at least crack.

[It wasn't Dmitri's style to brood about a loss forever. But he needed to express at least a bit of loyalty to his Yermo-loving self.]

I don't know why, but I like that bit. It feels real, like yeah, you'll move on but not until it feels like you're not being flighty, lol.

[Yermo said, ever so happy to give the roommate he had no special feelings for tips on wooing and winning the not-boyfriend he had no regrets about.]

Right. ... I want to say poor Yermo but if he's so deep in denial then that's on him. '

["I wish I had introduced you two earlier," Yermo said. "But it didn't seem quite the time."]

Because you were pining for one and falling in love with the other maybe?

*deep sigh*

Great chapter as always, sorry it took me so long to review, I had read it when you posted it but I didn't have time to write a proper review.
ABL chapter 9 . 5/24/2012
Sorry I couldn't log in and give you a verified review, but I still haven't got round to making an account on FP... Anyway, I'm really enjoying this story! The characters are realistic and engaging, there's the right combination of humour and drama, and I have been a firm supporter of Kenny/Yermo ever since their first meeting (they have to get together eventually, right?). I even like Dmitri, although he does seem a little intense. The whole concept of waiting for some undefined 'princely' figure is interesting too. I hope you update soon, and I'll continue reading!
one little hollow chapter 8 . 3/1/2012
Oh, dear. I've got so much pity for Dmitri now. He's quite adorable, the way he feels about Yermo and how sadly deluded he was. Silly Yermo. I want to smack Sean for instilling that horrid idea in Yermo's head that he isn't the type of guy people stay in love with. He's given Yermo this crazy complex...

I have to say that I'm more interested in Yermo's story than Kenny's. Kenny's, for some inexplicable reason, coming off a bit whiny to me as of late. Then again, he's just gotten dumped in the more terrible way by his supposed prince...poor boys, wallowing in their coffee.
Cattails chapter 8 . 2/18/2012
...I'm terrible for being pleased that their relationships failed, aren't I? Then again, I am in the mood for a bit of strife, and Yermo and Kenny are just 3 together.

Plus! I just love how this brings Yermo and Kenny closer together. And that heart...THAT HEART.

...I'm very tired and incoherent. Pretend this made sense. I love this story so much. The subtlety...ah. Love it.
jammi chapter 8 . 2/13/2012
I actually feel sad, lol, because I really liked Yermo and Dmitri together, and even though I thought it was going to happen I didn't want it too, lol. And the way Dmitri really had no idea that it wasn't going to work because everything was, hands down, perfect. Uh, my heart!

And poor Kenny! Wow, Justin, just wow. On his birthday? HIS BIRTHDAY? I really liked the way we saw the two events happening even though I feel bad for Kenny and Dmitri.
Cattails chapter 7 . 12/13/2011
I clearly need to check your profile more often, so I stop missing updates. I love these characters and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this weekend!
jammi chapter 7 . 10/5/2011
[He had heard talked to her maybe three times, never deeply, and other than that . . .]

I don't think the 'heard' is necessary there.

[You're the greatest, you really are, but at the core you just do not have what it takes to maintain someone's romantic interest. Go with it. Be the one serene guy in the world while the rest of us bang our heads against the wall of love. You'll be our rock."]

Who tells someone that? Wow. Douchebag.

That actually my heart for him. Like, wow.

Oh my goodness, poor Yermo. This makes the fact that he sort of just found himself in a relationship and hasn't really done anything about Kenny so much clearer. Although, he still has the ability to decide to work for something, and not just believe that that jerk was right.

Their 'princes' used to date huh? And I'm getting nervous for Yermo and Dmitri because they seem to be on totally different pages and after that thing about Yermo's ex, I doubt they'll be able to wind up on the same page.

And Kenny was surprisingly insight with that he doesn't think he's above it comment, even if he dismisses it.
one little hollow chapter 7 . 10/3/2011
You know, I quite like Dmitri. The description of how he saw Yermo was so sweet. I'm quite taken with him, although I'm sure he's just more than likely being pressured by his dear old mum. Unfortunately, Yermo obviously isn't ready for that kind of commitment. and Justin, ugh, what on earth is he doing back with his ex...
Potatoe1988 chapter 7 . 10/3/2011
This is fantastically ominous!
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »