Reviews for Royalty
jammi chapter 6 . 9/9/2011
I just love the way this story is going right now. The characters feel realistic and I like that they've coupled up with other people but it doesn't feel awkward.

Especially the way Yermo sort of just ended up in a relationship even though he wasn't looking for it, lol, and the fact that his one night stand ended great but he still went home sad because he got to see something he doesn't think he'll get.

Kenny needs to stop meddling. That's a slippery slope, especially since Yermo did find himself a boyfriend, sort of, maybe, lol. Which I think is going to cause problems because Kenny does seem to have some possessive tendencies even if he can ignore them for a bit.
Potatoe1988 chapter 5 . 6/20/2011
This is actually really interesting. I'm going to go back and read from the beginning.
one little hollow chapter 5 . 6/19/2011
I'm baffled why more people haven't reviewed for this. It's got a charming tone to it, an interesting, almost lazy and sun-filled style of writing-I quite like it. I also wonder what will come of Yermo and this new "prince". :3
lukas10 chapter 5 . 6/19/2011
ok now i see why justin doesn't like them together! yermo only think about kenny! and compare evryone else with kenny! ohhh

but i like dmitri:P

i think he'll be kind of good for him...

ohh i like everyone

good chapie :P

i wonder what kenny will think of this :P

-M
jammi chapter 5 . 6/18/2011
How is it even though your characters handle things in a mature and adult manner I always have this feeling of 'oh man... drama!' hahah, but when it doesn't come I'm still happy, happier even, with the outcome.

And I don't know if I've said it but I love LOVE the way you manage to slip in comparisons from both Kenny and Yermo about each other and dudes they're hooking up with but it doesn't seem like comparisons or as if they're thinking about them so it's believable that they haven't realised that they like each other yet.

Great way to introduce that bit about Yermo's name. I thought you just made it up because you liked out there names, LOL. I really like that it shows his ethnicity without it being in your face and I adore Yermo. I like that he seems shy/indecisive but it's just because he's really pretty laissez-faire about everything and he's a total sweetheart.

I have a feeling it's going to get him into trouble but for now I'm just interested to see how this all turns out.
lukas10 chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
maybe justin isn't telling the truth... and he is a cheater! oh god...

and yermo is so damn sweet! don't know how kennny doesn't see it..

-M
jammi chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
I knew this chapter was going too smoothly for comfort, lol. I hope he at least tries to talk it out with Kenny before it gets too out of hand although I think that it might have already.

I really like the way you showcased the fact that he was still into his ex with the comparisons all of the time. I do hope that he doesn't try to mess up Yermo's friendship with Kenny though.

Great chapter.
Mell8 chapter 3 . 1/24/2011
I'm really liking this universe you've created! It seems so realistic even if it's not in a real place.

Kenny seems like a nice guy. Was he the one who dumped Skip because Skip was homeless, or was that another guy whose name started with K?

I really like Yermo too, although I wish I could see more into his head sometimes. His past relationship must have really screwed him up, if that's why he's not committing to anything with Kenny!

Anyway, I hope you update this soon!
jammi chapter 3 . 12/10/2010
I really, really love this story. And I love the fact that Yermo is Kenny's prince but because he doesn't match the 'prince' requirements neither of them are willing to accept it though they're happy together, the sex is amazing and they kinda understand each other.

Even if Yermo is trying his very hardest not to get attached and that's pissing Kenny off who told him not to get attached, lol.

And I love the fact that the misunderstanding is actually understandable since they went into it with the notion that they were just supposed to be friends and now their feelings are getting all confused.

One thing:

["Not even that," Yermo said vehemently. "Not even that."]

I think you meant Kenny said vehemently.
Qui chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
Of course we haven't seen the last of Justin. That's totally not your style.

I dunno. I really like this story, but I feel like that's all I ever say. um. *tries to think of something clever* Ah, it's sweet and cute, and a bit fluffy. It's also awesome that I'm not really sure who to cheer for-Justin sounds awesome, but I think I'm suppose to be rooting for Yermo... well. All will come clear, someday.

Ta,

Qui
Alex Whitehall chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Always happy to see another story, and one continuing in the "A Suitable Lover" world is an additional pleasure. Looking forward to more.
frogs of war chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
It's a nice start. I can see the beginning of the shape already. And really I don't mind. (I got you note, but decided to read this before I responded). I got my inspiration from theskimblishone.

The note at the beginning makes it sound like the me on lj not the me here rather than the bits on lj. Not that that matters.

I really wish fp would get the hit count working again. It's been broken more than working the last few months.
theStarfly chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I like this so far, it seems to be going interesting place. And I still absolutely adore your writing style. You manage to finagle so many details in without making it seem like overkill- very nicely done :)
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3