Reviews for Semiprecious
shallow is as shallow does chapter 1 . 6/2
So accurate on what I think would of happened in the future.
BlackHare9 chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
man I love these two.
Kirihime chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I love it. When couples fight it's... Beautiful. That sounds really messed up but I'm sure you know what I mean. It's those fights that make or break you. Ignore that. It was a wonderful oneshot.
karajayfan chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
love this one-shot!kara and jay are great!do you think you will be doing more one-shots?
Anna chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Ahhh...I really miss Jay and Kara.
Do write a few more one-shots please ;)
Noir Schist chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
WAT. KARA broke up first? BAD, BAD GIRL! Somehow I feel that on one hand, that wasn't very Kara, but on the other, it WAS Kara. She's so stubborn and stable that one just can't see her giving into insecurity and running away, but if it means she has to share the dependence on herself with someone else, she might. That's how my perception of her character goes, anyway. But that excuse she used at the end, the diamond/onyx one? Nope. As Jay said, BS. After all, Kara was the one who put him in his place in the first place. But then, you can't expect everything to remain the same over the years, right?

Burr and Erin having a kid; Will and Jess still together, YES! Deacon's a right sweetheart, at least both of them didn't lose their friends over the years. I was sad we couldn't meet Kara's ma in this one-shot. Good to know she approves of Jay.

It's not a bad story, and I liked the lack of usual energy in the writing that showed how the characters have grown up, changed. But still... (what a horrid place to end at, boo. I demand kids! Haha, kidding, kidding.) somehow it felt a little rushed? Maybe occurrences over a few more days leading to the conclusion could have been better.

That's just my opinion, though, hope something up there's even a little bit helpful!
alex chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I'm just glad this wasn't a sequel, these two are too cute together to break-up.
RomanticaKH1 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Oh, such a nice lovely one-shot. I really do love this couple. They seem so much alike yet so different. I wish you would have made this a two-shot instead, so we can read about them making up, but I can guess the end conclusion and I'm pretty happy with it. I also really love this because it has real-life truth in it. Couples break up and make up later. It's not all happily ever after. (unless your Erin and Burr: which I fan girled when I found out about them)
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
poor jay, kara sure isn't an easy person to be in love with p

while reading RLM it never crossed my mind that they might break up, i'm a happily ever after kind of person P it made everything more realistic.

one thing that bothers me though, is how jay didn't get to be a journalist, though i do get it, you have to give up on some dreams while growing up, but still...i loved the story, but feel sad that they were so disillusioned, definitely bitter sweet /
rubberduckysabc chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Awww this one is so cute! Do i mention how much i can love burr. LEts pretend that im erin for a second. ahhhh heaven. Loved the story. Cheers.
Adora Bell chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Such a Kara thing to do. Still great, as always.
Whatsoever chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
After Rocked Like Me, it was heartbreaking to read about how life changes :( but really good, i love stories that make me FEEL. Although the ending could have been different, ya know? But thanks for writing this anyhow.
The-Angel-Illusion chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Cute. Burr seemed so talkative it was strange. I love how you ended it: 'And we did.'
asianinvasion0530 chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
How did I miss this? I can't believe it's been up for more than half a year and I haven't seen it.

AHH I've missed Jay and Kara!

Burr actually talks now! But he's still as lovable as ever.

Also, Kara's reasoning doesn't surprise me at all. It's so typical Kara. And I knew their relationship would be rocky (ha) but I didn't expect them to break up for more than a year! BUT I'm glad that they eventually got back together in the end.

Please another one shot with them? They're seriously like one of my favorite couples I've ever read. ] I loved this!
Truefacade chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
LOL i haven't heard anything from Kara and Jay in ages! U must write a sequel! PLEASE? JAY AND KARA SEQUEL? Their story is one of the best and my favourite on fictionpress, interesting plot, characters and great language techniques. Your writing is one of the best on this site by far. I loved the original and the one shot! Good stuff! But please write a sequel!