Reviews for The Choking Game
souloftheforest chapter 21 . 8/17/2012
oh my gosh. when i saw the title, i had to read it, because my best friend used to be addicted to the choking game. She tried to get me to try it, but i said no, and i kept watching her, and i told her parents. she got counciling, but she was mad at me for a while, actually a REALLY long time. but once the message reached her, she thanked me. THE CHOKING GAME IS NOT A GAME. and to the people out there who read this and WANT to try this, DON'T! IT KILLS PEOPLE!

now, i really liked the way u set this up, as a sort of diary. I found it easier to read than an actual story. I really liked it, even if it was sad. and for people who say this isn't horror, it is. it is a horrific thing.

overall, good job!
AlluredStep chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
This was really good. Even though each chapter was very short, your narrative style gives the sense of ambiguity, while giving the reader enough information for the story to make sense, which was very effective. Perhaps this is one of the 'minimalist' style stories. The tone seems very dark and risky, because of this Game that can kill people. I'm not sure what the Choking Game is, and I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to know what it is, but I can guess it's something illegal like drugs. The last sentence made me think that this story was supposed to teach me a moral or something. Which again, I don't know it was supposed to.
Elora Noel chapter 21 . 11/25/2010
what is the game i dont get it?
Ziggy Starburst chapter 21 . 10/14/2010
OhEmmGee ! I loved it the rating is a complete * * * * * ! (5 stars) KEEP IT UPP !

TheReviewer
PyroPsycho x-x chapter 21 . 10/13/2010
*shivers* I've heard about that and every time it makes so so sad. Very nicely written from that point of view.

Sophia
CleCleisCool chapter 21 . 10/13/2010
Gave me goose bumps. How did you learn all this?
xxFlutterStutterBOOMBOOMxx chapter 21 . 10/12/2010
Yay, my name was in a story :)

Epic end to an epic story.

At least I'm assuming it's the end. Doesn't seem like there could be a story now that our narrator's dead... unless... the whole ghost thing...

I'm rambling, aren't I?

Sorry :/
Brendan Rizzo chapter 21 . 10/12/2010
So playing the game caused the children to lose the value of human life, so that they had no problem with killing one of their friends when she did not want to play anymore. Spooky.

And you're welcome. What did I do, exactly?
oOKayleeOo chapter 20 . 10/12/2010
still loving it. Great presentation of a simple idea.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 20 . 10/11/2010
Wow. I knew from the beginning that playing would ruin his life, but the sense of utter despair was unexpected.
Silent Cargo chapter 20 . 10/11/2010
You know, I figured this would an asinine story about something that should be much longer but was cramped into 1k words. Loved the journal perspective and how you end it off with the brother of Elise starting to go bat-shit with the game. It's like, whether you intended it or not, Grant is going after revenge.
Breathless Knight chapter 18 . 10/10/2010
Is the choking game when you just choke yourself, and see how long you can do it for? Please reply if I'm wrong. I'd like to know more about the game.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 17 . 10/10/2010
Presumably this is about the so-called Choking Game moral panic? If so, you're good at suspense, and it's ambiguous as to whether the characters are dying by accidental hanging or if something more sinister is going on.
BotdfTokioHotelencryptment chapter 17 . 10/10/2010
Very dark and suspenseful. Your work is addicting. I can't wait for the next chapter. I check for new adds every day. Your story is by far the most interesting on this website. Good luck.
xxFlutterStutterBOOMBOOMxx chapter 16 . 10/9/2010
This story is so deliciously dark! I expect you're tired of hearing it, but you have quite a knack for creating suspense. Looking forward to more ;)