Reviews for Moments in Freefall
Nesasio chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Lovely piece. It kept me reading, wanting to find out what would happen. I liked the bit where not-Charlotte admits that isn't her name and he already knew because 'You never really answered to it.' I don't know why, exactly, but I thought that was really cute that he accepted that so easily.

The ending was great. I could picture standing on that cliff with the house and the feeling of falling... Brilliant descriptions throughout and very well-written.

Good luck in the WCC!
lookingwest chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Ah, I really liked this. It reminds me how romantically poetic you can be with your narratives. And I don't mean romantic as in love and gushy stuff like that, but more Romantic like the period, something quite well hinted at a larger picture of nature and all that good stuff. You really do a good job with it in Wolfskin too, which I really need to read more of, so this was a great reminder of how wonderful your prose can be written. I liked the play with Charlotte and everything, and the way he said, 'well you never really responded to it', that was a great line, perfect. And I really did get a sense of floating from paragraph to paragraph here through the present tense narration, which was also well executed. Overall a great piece with some wonderfully poetic moments and a great lasting flavor on the prompt. Best of luck in the WCC
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Gorgeously written and thought-out story. The writing is fluid and easy to read. Such a tragic and beautiful tale! Sad ending, but that's romance, yes?

Good job and good luck in WCC!
thewhimsicalbard chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Great story! I loved the play on the word "fall", and I especially liked how it affected your female character's development. Your words, and especially your verbs, were superbly well-chosen. Fantastic work on the construction overall.

This is really quite cute, though I have to say that death is frequently considered a little bit more climactic than love's first kiss, if it was drama and tension-building that you were aiming for here. Still, I really appreciate what you were trying to do; I just think there are a lot of desperate, suicidal authors and poets who are working against you. Maybe you can change the tide!

Best of luck in the WCC!

-thewhimsicalbard