Reviews for Lonely Star
classic violet chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Wow. Beautiful. I love it. I love all of it. Especially the last three lines. Soo gorgeous. I feel it simplifies love in a wonderful, astronomical, metaphorical way. Amazing.
Wylloa chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
"If I could, I would climb into heaven and help you rebuild the sky"

This touches me deeply. The constant ache when they're not there, and never being able to stay mad.
lipleaf chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
The poem is pretty short, but you managed to convey a good amount of emotions in the limited space you have. I think the simplicity and brevity is one of the best aspects of it, actually. You can feel the sadness of the speaker without it being too much. I think the first like is my favorite- "broke your stars" just sound so lovely and gives the reader a fragile image of the person the speaker is addressing. It does well to set up the mood.
the prophet apathetic chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
I don't feel like I really grasp what is happening here. Or rather, I suppose it's easy to grasp but not on a level that makes me feel connected emotionally. The first two lines feel the strongest.
aprettywar chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
wow, i really like this. the imagery is so clear and delicate. i especially i love the lines "if i could, i would climb into heaven / and help you rebuild the sky." short and sweet. thanks for sharing!
TheLovelessRose chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Short but full of emotions. Very interesting. I loved it! :)