Reviews for Non ominis morior
kuronekoevan chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Heart touching. A mature and heart-capturing protagonist.

But, I wonder why its title read: "I shall not die?"
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
I love the thoughts in this. It was so easy to picture her shocked, walking through the cold just thinking, her thoughts twisting till she remembered what's important and returns home. I love the way you descriped the clear headed feeling to the cold and how you used that cold in the end to show the love of her parents. This one probably strikes a core with me in particular because when I was nine I found out that the man I had always called Dad was not infact my biological father, though my inital reaction was more dulled than hers, I just went "oh," and went in the other room and watched tv, seems my nine year old self was not the most philosophical or thoughtfull of children, but I could imagine how I and others could have more of a shocked reaction. As far I can tell your portayal sounds acurate, especially the way you had her saying 'no, no denials now' and calling them by there first names but then the switch around at the end when she realizes that it is her home and family. This was a lovey short, particulary the ending.

-Queen of the Shadylands