Reviews for Swim
t-t-t-ouch chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
The imagery and the descriptions in this are absolutely fantastic. I have to say that I can relate to the feeling in this as well, but it truly is a beautiful beautiful thing.

The kind of sea/sea creature theme leaves a nice undertone to the whole thing as well, that's wonderfully subtle. Great job.
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
I love this. I can relate to it a great deal and I really felt the emotion you conveyed with your words. Another thing I liked was the feeling of everything you wrote being forced, like the character was forcing herself to write this and own up to her own weaknesses. You maintained that forced feeling throughout and I really think that matched the subject matter and made it flow well.

One thing I didn't like was the ending. It feels like you've gone for a heavy hitting ending, but I feel it's fallen rather flat. It felt like you've built everything up to be this almost supernatural way of looking at things, and then everything falls back down to Earth with the perfectly normal "I can't swim". Maybe that was your intention, but I would have liked the ending to be as vague as the rest of the poem is.

-From the Review Marathon (link in my profile)