Reviews for For A Minute
KaylaHeart chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
That was so sweet! I loved it so much, you're a great author!
Fragile Things chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
i loved this! i loved everything about it. . liked the metaphors thrown in there, "awkward as a goose" and others. rly nice job. i love how it looks, the short lines, stout paragraphs.
Ruby Kart chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Cue AW! Beautiful Tathwem. Really beautiful. And, crazily enough, a very good picture of my homecoming. I spent most of my time sitting at the table, pretending to drink soda for the simple fact that I was trying not to show how lonely and bored I truly was. And, my best friend came up and asked me to dance - which we did for the slow songs (just like you). And, because we didn't want to dance to the fast songs, we slow danced to them (getting a lot of weird looks from people, might I add).

But the emotions and the sights and the sounds are so well portrayed. I'm actually brought right back into the scenery of my own homecoming. Very well done to evoke the imagery and emotion from a past experience for someone who wasn't with you that night, but can relate!

The similes are beautiful too. "Smiles like the smell of warm cider on a chilly autumn night" Pure Poetry! (pun intended).

Also, the third stanza, when you delicately introduce the 'characters' if I may call you such, by giving the surroundings and appearance of it all - it's not forced, but brings out even more of the imagery. So ornately placed in the lines, and it flows beautifully. Magical!

"I walked with knees bending backwards, stumbling, like a drunken flamingo but as joyous as I'd ever been." I love this line. Again, a great simile - but with so much humor in it. No need for comic relief in this poem, because the matter is light, but it brings a smile to my face. Tends to give you this image of being a little goofy and dazed as homecoming ended - but happy all the same.

Beautiful poem Tathwem. Love it!

Glad you enjoyed your homecoming!